Warm season grasses like Bermuda, Zoysia, St. Augustine, Centipede & Paspalum
Topic Author
claydus
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: 6000
Mower: JD220B & Honda HRR

Pre-emergent thrown down

Post by claydus »

This weekend temps in Zone 7B finally got a little cool. Anyone else in the area with Bermuda throw down their pre-emergent this weekend? Is right now with the temps like they have been prime time to apply or am i a few weeks late?

Trying this product for the first time. Used a Lesco branded pre-emerg in previous years.
https://www.domyown.com/hiyield-weed-an ... -1779.html

BermudaBoy
Grass Type: Tifway 419
Lawn Size: 5500
Mower: Ego 56V Select Cut

Re: Pre-emergent thrown down

Post by BermudaBoy »

I put my down this past Friday. Your temps have probably been similar to mine so you should be fine. With 95 degree days until this weekend the soil temps have been pretty high so I think you have little to worry about.

gpbrown60
Grass Type: Bermuda Tifway 419
Lawn Size: 10K
Mower: Baroness, TruCut, Eliet Scarif

Post by gpbrown60 »

Put Prodiamine down before dark tonight. My soil temp was at 75 degrees. Claydus, I am just down the road from you and I think our timing is good.

Darrell_KC
Grass Type: Yukon Bermuda
Lawn Size: 1/3 Acre
Mower: Toro TimeMaster 30"

Post by Darrell_KC »

I just got mine down on Sunday morning. Last week we were in the 80's and 90's, but this week it turns sharply cooler. They are saying 40s for highs on Friday!

WDE46
Lawn Size: 6,700 Sq Ft
Mower: 21" Greenworks 80V

Post by WDE46 »

I used the same product in the spring and I put out the rest of my bag Saturday afternoon. I saw the chances of rain and it worked out perfectly with a light rain on Sat to water it in and a heavier rain today. I will be switching to liquid Prodiamine or Dithiopyr in the spring to reduce my costs of application.

creinle11
Grass Type: Common Bermuda, Zenith Zoysia
Lawn Size: 3000 sq ft
Mower: Toro Recycler

Post by creinle11 »

Threw down this weekend in Raleigh, just need some rain to help water it in. Soil temps have been averaging around 70-75 after the cooler weather came in this weekend.

bmw
Grass Type: centipede, zoysia
Lawn Size: 9000 sq ft
Mower: Craftsman

Post by bmw »

I THREW 'ER DOWN on Sun morning. I'm in Alabama and we've been hitting mid 90's-100 for weeks, but a cold front is finally here today. It's not going to get to 80 today. And next weekend is looking like lows in the 40's. I used the 0-0-7 from Lowe's manufactured by Sunniland in FL. It's Dithiopyr (Dimension), so it's good stuff. The particles seem to disperse better and a little smaller than the Lesco brand at HD. Plus, I don't think the Lesco brand is Dimension. Hopefully it will prevent Poa Annua, Henbit, and Hairy Bittercress for me.

Topic Author
claydus
Lawn Size: 6000
Mower: JD220B & Honda HRR

Post by claydus »

Are you guy watering the pre-emergent? We were expecting rain this week but I am skeptical on the forecast.

Darrell_KC
Grass Type: Yukon Bermuda
Lawn Size: 1/3 Acre
Mower: Toro TimeMaster 30"

Post by Darrell_KC »

I did not, the stuff i used said to NOT water it in. It did say it MUST be applied when the ground is wet, so I threw mine down at 8am with the morning dew. I can see why too, this stuff sticks like glue to anything wet. The tops of my shoes, and even my sweatpants were coated in it. If its wet, it clings on tight, but Im guessing if it rains, it washes the pellets right off.

Im a little curious to see how it works on crabgrass since crabgrass is already hydrophobic anyways, but we will see. I've had a big outbreak of clover and a few broadleaves crop up after my last nitrogen push 2 weeks ago. Im hoping that while the weeds were enjoying the nitrogen, they will be nice and hungry and absorb the dithiopyr better

Gibby
Grass Type: Tahoma 31 and Princess 77
Lawn Size: 10,000sq/ft
Mower: JD 220E

Post by Gibby »

I am going to be following this, this year.

Full document here

gpbrown60
Grass Type: Bermuda Tifway 419
Lawn Size: 10K
Mower: Baroness, TruCut, Eliet Scarif

Post by gpbrown60 »

claydus wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:50 am
Are you guy watering the pre-emergent? We were expecting rain this week but I am skeptical on the forecast.
Used granular and watered in. :thumbup: