Lawn Care Forum banner

2021 | What did you do with your lawn today?

128K views 938 replies 207 participants last post by  CenlaLowell 
#1 ·
@Ware has this been created yet?

#7 ·
Theycallmemrr said:
I do not know if this counts but I purchased my fertilizer for the year on clearance from Lowe's, planted 7 Forsythias and finished mulching by beds in the back yard last week and will be planting 5 Serviceberry and 1 post oak tomorrow.
You are going to have some pretty colors come spring!! :thumbup:

#9 ·
Cdub5_ said:
Theycallmemrr said:
I do not know if this counts but I purchased my fertilizer for the year on clearance from Lowe's, planted 7 Forsythias and finished mulching by beds in the back yard last week and will be planting 5 Serviceberry and 1 post oak tomorrow.
You are going to have some pretty colors come spring!! :thumbup:
I hope so. I keeping my expectations low for this season as I just planted them and I am expecting a little shock from transplanting. But next season I hope to have lots of color. For me the only thing positive from corona is I finally was able to start working on my backyard and this is phase 2 of that project.

#12 ·
Redtwin said:
@cnet24 I wish you lived closer. I'd love to "borrow" that Bluebird. My SunJoe is a decent substitute but nothing beats the real deal.
It will be my first year using a verticutter during the scalp, and I also plan to add light verticutting to my routine this year. The past few years I've ended up with severe scalping at my desired HOC late in the season, so hoping this will help. I had an electric VonHaus unit prior that was very small and just tore up my grass. Upgraded at the end of last year.

#14 ·
cnet24 said:
Redtwin said:
@cnet24 I wish you lived closer. I'd love to "borrow" that Bluebird. My SunJoe is a decent substitute but nothing beats the real deal.
It will be my first year using a verticutter during the scalp, and I also plan to add light verticutting to my routine this year. The past few years I've ended up with severe scalping at my desired HOC late in the season, so hoping this will help. I had an electric VonHaus unit prior that was very small and just tore up my grass. Upgraded at the end of last year.
The SunJoe does a pretty good job of getting a nice clean cut but I think I overdid it last year. My motto was "If it's something that is good to do, then it must be great to over-do it". Not true with verticutting (or fertilizer... or herbicides). I was also a little late in the season when I did it. Luckily, we had a warm fall and the turf recovered. This year, like you, I plan on doing some light verticutting maybe monthly.

#16 ·
FATC1TY said:
Reminds me I need to find a sunny day on the coming weeks and get the oil changed, grease up, backlap, and get everything tuned in for the scalp.

Kind of half thinking about doing it AFTER the scalp, since I will have time for green up.
I plan on the scalp being pretty rough on my reel so I will clean and backlap afterwards.

#18 ·
Greencast dinged on Pre-Em & Large Patch. I sprayed Prodiamine and preventative Azoxy/Propi mix. I tossed in the remnants of last years Imidicloprid/Bifenthrin because it can't hurt...

I'm about 30% greened up but I'm expecting more frost before put out any fert.

Paaaaaaaaatience. I've got the itch.

#25 ·
CamaroGuy said:
CenlaLowell said:
Soil drenched all the crepe myrtles to stop black sooty mold
What is the name of the soil drench you used? Thanks.
imidacloprid is the product and I watched this video to understand how to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.