Lawn Care Forum banner

A Little Help With Grass Identification

592 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  bbroderi 
#1 ·
Morning all,

I just moved to a new (to me) house in late February. The PO did not take care of the yard and it was filled with green kyllinga, crab grass, clover, other sedges, etc. I had so much work to do to get my old home listed that I wasn't really able to get to the new yard before it started greening up. I took MSM and Image to the weeds in March/April, and I've now got most everything killed, but I'm seeing a mixture of (what I believe) is St. Augustine closer to the house, some centipede near the road, and a few patches of Bermuda. I've since sprayed some Atrazine on the Bermuda hoping to suppress (or kill it) without harming the surrounding grass, but I would like some confirmation on my predominant grass type. I've used the PictureThis app with success for a while now, but depending on the lighting, height, health etc. the app will return the general area of lawn below as St. Augustine or Korean Lawn Grass (Zoysia). Could anyone confirm?

https://i.ibb.co/6XwP4d6/20210623-222300.jpg

See less See more
#3 ·
Monocot Master said:
That is centipede in the photo. If I am wrong, I will delete my post in shame :D
Thanks. I was hoping it was St. Augustine, but considering my neighbors have centipede it may make more sense that I have it too. The blades are just so dang wide compared to my old centipede yard, and the grass near the road which is clearly centipede has much thinner blades. PictureThis always identifies the thin bladed stuff near the road as centipede too, but I guess I can't really trust the app for more than identifying weeds now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.