Warm season grasses like Bermuda, Zoysia, St. Augustine, Centipede & Paspalum
Topic Author
kb02gt
Grass Type: St. Augustine (Floratam)
Lawn Size: 5700 sq ft
Mower: 21" Ego Self Propelled

Fluazifop (Fusilade II) did not kill all my Floratam

Post by kb02gt »

Well, this was a pleasant surprise. After 4 rounds of Fusilade II (fluazifop) @ .6oz/1000/gallon. St. Augustine grass (Floratam) is hanging in there. The bermuda & torpedo grass, not so much.

9/22/2021 - First Application @ .6oz/1000/gallon (with 1/2oz surfactant + 1/2oz marker dye)
10/1/2021 - applied 15-0-15 (fertilome blue bag), but tried to avoid the treated area. I am guessing some fert got away.
10/14/2021 - Second Application @ .6oz/1000/gallon (with 1/2oz surfactant + 1/2oz marker dye)
11//3/2021 - Third Application @ .6oz/1000/gallon (with 1/2oz surfactant + 1/2oz marker dye)
11/10/2021 - Fourth Application @ .6oz/1000/gallon (with 1/2oz surfactant + 1/2oz marker dye) - this was what i tank mixed as an insurance to policy to go over areas (including the one in the photo) again and to hit the bigger torpedo a little heavier.

- Grass was not cut the entire time in these areas. Wanted to keep the torpedo as leafy as possible.

- By far and away fluazifop seems to be the best thing for torpedo. I would say Quinclorac is a close 2nd, but seems to take longer. Have to experiment some more with that one. But quinclorac will completely roast St. Aug. I do with i had done what the @greendoc suggested and hit it with DismissNXT first to weaken the plant by depleting some of its carb stores.

Below are the results from a semi-shaded area. There was also some bermuda in that area as well. You can see the line dividing the grass that was not treated vs the grass that was treated. In areas that receive no shade at all. The Floratam did worse, but it not all dead. I expect it to recover after another fertilizer application.

Rather watch grass grow than paint dry