Lawn Care Forum banner

ERDONS Lawn Journal

25K views 124 replies 23 participants last post by  Jmar 
#1 ·
Killed off my old common Bermuda lawn with 3 glyphosate applications. Then used a sod cutter to remove 2.5 inches of old sod and dirt, in some areas the yard was 6 inches higher than the concrete so i had to do multiple passes. Lawn is about 1000 sq ft total. Plugged with about 120ft of tifsport. So far everything has rooted and shown some minor spreading, the issue I'm seeing is lots of nutsedge popping up and a little bit of common Bermuda. Just want to be sure I can use sedgehammer to kill them without hindering my plugs from spreading, also would spot treating every piece of common that pops up with glyphosate be reccomended?

See less See more
#52 ·
thanks! Any updates on yours?
[/quote]

Some areas are spreading very well, but other areas have not spread at all. I have been putting down 29-0-4 every Saturday. I have also been mixing the urea with water and adding that. Last week I started adding some Miracle Grow liquid fertilizer that has 36-0-6 so it can get some potash.

#56 ·
Colonel K0rn said:
That looks cool, those last photos before you sanded it looked like you had bricks in the yard that the bermuda was growing over! :lol:
Lol yea wish I could have buried them deeper but them old common Bermuda roots are impossible to dig through 1000 times.. I must have had 4-5 people stop by and ask me what I was doing and if the sand would kill my lawn... i told them to drive by in 2 weeks for an answer.

#57 ·
erdons said:
Colonel K0rn said:
That looks cool, those last photos before you sanded it looked like you had bricks in the yard that the bermuda was growing over! :lol:
Lol yea wish I could have buried them deeper but them old common Bermuda roots are impossible to dig through 1000 times.. I must have had 4-5 people stop by and ask me what I was doing and if the sand would kill my lawn... i told them to drive by in 2 weeks for an answer.
:lol: good answer!

#69 ·
erdons said:
I pulled a lot of crabgrass heads manually earlier in the week and made the mistake of using Ortho Weed B Gone the one that attaches to the hose, got some bad yellowing, but seems to be bouncing back already.

I spot sprayed Blindside on some nutgrass this week and got the same effect because of the hot weather. The way I look at it, I would rather have the brown spots that will recover in a couple of weeks than an infestation of nutgrass.

#75 ·
I scalped my backyard tifgreen putting green project area earlier today. Prodiamine going down shortly.

Gave my front yard another pass but probably took off as much green as possible, those are low areas that I just can't hit. Scalping really shows how uneven a lawn is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.