Lawn Care Forum banner

DFW - Zeon Zoysia - Level and Thinning

863 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ZeonLawn 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone!

Below are some photos of my 2 year old Zeon Zoysia lawn. Overall I am very happy with the areas that get full sun. Of course the shaded areas are struggling and I realize this is a common issue with almost any grass in the shade in North Texas. So far this year I have been cutting it once a week, watering as usual, and I have someone applying fertilizer. I have not dethatched the lawn, although I think it could use it as I did it last year.

Several questions...

The main part of the yard looks levelish, but really isn't. Can I aerate and add sand like you would with Bermuda?

I have a some Bermuda that is trying to make its way into the lawn... Can I apply anything to get rid of it or just let the Zoysia choke it out?

The area near the fire hydrant has struggled to come back. It seems to be getting enough water so I am trying to figure out if it is struggling from pets or something else?

Any thoughts on what to do with the thinning area under the Live Oak? I assume thinning out the tree would be an options, but the Zeon seems to spread so slow.

Any help is greatly appreciate!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.