GreenTRX Fertilizer

A place to discuss soil fertility and soil amendments
iFisch3224
Grass Type: St Augustine
Lawn Size: 4,000
Mower: Honda HRR216

GreenTRX Fertilizer

Post by iFisch3224 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:13 pm

I've jumped ship from the Milo boat, somewhat. I would like to "re"-mix Milo + GreenTRX together in some form or fashion. Since I have a smaller yard, I usually use 1 bag of Milo on the entire yard, about 40% N/1k since the bag is for 3,600sqft and I'm pushing roughly 3,800-3,900 sqft, so I round up to 4,000 sq ft. Milo varies from $10.97/bag to $14.99/bag here. When it's cheap, @ Ace, it's always sold out. GreenTRX provides IMO a better product, for less money, but I do have to drive 45min to pick up lawn products @ Siteone or Ewing (opposite directions).

Anyways, my primary go-to fert will be GreenTRX as I've seen "better" results on my lawn from GreenTRX then from Screaming Green, or Milo. Milo does get my St Aug just a bit "bluer" in color (4.5% iron vs 3%) but I could possibly move from Milo to FEature 6-0-0 for an Iron supplement SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper then Milo per application.

I'll be adding Carbon-X to my "line-up" of products next year, to supplement my fert program, and was wondering what OTHER users have thought about GreenTRX, specifically, and I'm also curious how much you pay for a 50# - seeing as I'm about 1.5hrs away from the Anuvia plant, I would suspect that I would have access to the product at it's the cheapest point due to about a 40min truck ride from Anuvia to Ewing Irrigation, but, I also have a feeling that we are paying a little more as well. Anywhere between about $24 and $28 per 50# bag.

1. For those who have used GreenTRX more then once, what were/are your feelings/thoughts towards the product, and would you re-purchase?

2. ^ how much are ya'll paying for a 50# bag, and whereabouts are you located? Trying to gather price points, in addition, to feedback.

Thanks! :)

-Nick

jonthepain
Grass Type: Zeon, Bermuda, Centipede
Lawn Size: 20k
Mower: 1984 Honda CB700SC

Re: GreenTRX Fertilizer

Post by jonthepain » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:08 am

We tested screamin green vs greentrx 2 seasons ago. Some clients got sg, and some got gtx.

The results were that we switched from screamin green to greentrx last season on all of our clients lawns.

Let me say that gtx was only one of the tools in our toolbox. I would post our cost as requested, however, i was b---- out for doing that here, so i can't do that any more.

If we were still in the lawn business, we would be applying carbonx instead of gtx this season, for reasons stated in another thread.

This will be the first season in many years that i won't be out in the field.

osuturfman
Grass Type: TTTF, KBG, PR
Lawn Size: 291 acres
Mower: Many

Post by osuturfman » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:21 am

jonthepain wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:08 am
We tested screamin green vs greentrx 2 seasons ago. Some clients got sg, and some got gtx.

The results were that we switched from screamin green to greentrx last season on all of our clients lawns.

Let me say that gtx was only one of the tools in our toolbox. I would post our cost as requested, however, i was b---- out for doing that here, so i can't do that any more.

If we were still in the lawn business, we would be applying carbonx instead of gtx this season, for reasons stated in another thread.

Here's some Midwest pricing on GreenTRX

g-man
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 5678
Mower: John Deere 220E

Post by g-man » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:22 am

@jonthepain there is no issue with posting prices.

iFisch3224
Grass Type: St Augustine
Lawn Size: 4,000
Mower: Honda HRR216

Post by iFisch3224 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:38 am

jonthepain wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:08 am

Did you switch because you were getting better results, better pricing or a combination of the two?

osuturfman
Grass Type: TTTF, KBG, PR
Lawn Size: 291 acres
Mower: Many

Post by osuturfman » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:40 am

g-man wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:22 am
@jonthepain there is no issue with posting prices.
I think he may have caught :censored: from his distributor. To those sales reps, their price sheets are "sensitive". In the Lawn Care market especially, a nickel a bag might be the difference between steak or fried bologna for dinner.

jonthepain

Post by jonthepain » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:40 pm

Better results, easier to work with, homogeneous product, better price, and i really like the Ewing manager.

The criticism came from other members.

Last season i paid right around 20 bucks per 50 lb bag. I have not gotten a quote for this coming year because i won't be buying any. I still have a few bags laying around for use on my own lawn. :)

Stuff works great on the wife's roses. Thay are still in full bloom. Best they've ever looked.
Last edited by jonthepain on Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

985arrowhead
Grass Type: TifF 419
Lawn Size: 4500
Mower: John Deere 180C

Post by 985arrowhead » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:33 pm

Ewings locally around 70433 and I bought 3 bags and paid right around $66 for all 3 out the door. I only started using for my last app of the season here in south LA and I have roughly the same size lawn as you. 4500 sqft if I include all green areas I put it down. With the higher N "16" as opposed to Milo "5" or "6", depending on what I put down (.5, .75, or 1 lb N per 1k) I find it cheaper than Milo per application. I have 2 bags and a liitle left to start the spring and can't comment on a real effect as I did .5 N for my last app as I was winding down. My lawn has stayed greener than all in my hood. Goes down easy, I weight with a kitchen scale and broadcast spreader.

Going to CarbonX for Humic and RGS in a more complete app.

GreenTRX will be going to shrubs as "jonthepain" stated.....

jonthepain

Post by jonthepain » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:03 pm

+1