Lawn Care Forum banner

N-Ext Products

48K views 187 replies 60 participants last post by  Jay20nj 
#1 ·
How often should you use these products?
I have the Air-8, RGS & Humic Acid.
I've applied the Air-8 once a month so far and applied the others just two weeks ago.

#5 ·
LouisvilleGrubber said:
I'd also be curious to know who is using these products and how they are working. Where are people buying them? The fact that I've only seen these products on YouTube channels is a bit of a yellow flag for me, but I could be talked off that ledge.
Rightfully so. These products come with claims that cannot be backed by science. Sure, you'll get some anecdotal stories of positive results, but nothing more. If you have the disposable income, and have some free time, by all means, give these products a try (spoiler...don't expect any real results from the super, duper, mega liquid aerification product). My favorite professor at Penn State, Dr. McNitt, would always tell us something along the lines of "if the product really works, the industry will let you know. You won't need a salesperson to fill you in".

#8 ·
I've been using RGS, AIR-8, Humic 12 applied at the highest rates biweekly since 3/10 along with a few applications of Greene Effect (bimonthly), supplemented with urea foliar apps at 0.25#N/M. I've noticed that my compaction isn't as severe as it used to be, but I'm working with some soil that doesn't have much clay left. It's old, old clay that's been broken down over a very long time, and the remaining particles are almost silt-like, and it's making my soil very easy to compact.

What I have seen is an increase in the soil activity, at the surface which is visible, which was absent before I started applying. Some of the areas of my lawn that dry up after the rain form a crust, that's almost like dried up algae, but it's actually OM that's just sitting on the surface. It's quite interesting.

As far as empirical data, I don't have any to present, other than the tests that I have performed on my soil, and a record of the stuff that I'm applying. I do have a lot of pictures though.

#10 ·
Wolverine said:
I have RGS and green effect. I am running both of the products since spring along with milorganite, chicken pellet fert, pot ash combo and my turf is thick and deep green. I will switch to the the fall n blitz soon but for now very happy with N-ext products.
Sounds just like my "animal" neighbors yard. He never mows, fertilizes, aerates, sprays for anything or waters ever. His lawn is thick and green. PLUS it's a foot tall front and back. He spends zero on his lawn. Doesn't even own a mower LOL. :roll:

slomo

#11 ·
slomo said:
Wolverine said:
I have RGS and green effect. I am running both of the products since spring along with milorganite, chicken pellet fert, pot ash combo and my turf is thick and deep green. I will switch to the the fall n blitz soon but for now very happy with N-ext products.
Sounds just like my "animal" neighbors yard. He never mows, fertilizes, aerates, sprays for anything or waters ever. His lawn is thick and green. PLUS it's a foot tall front and back. He spends zero on his lawn. Doesn't even own a mower LOL. :roll:

slomo
Please clarify. Wolverine said he takes care of his yard but to you that sounds like an "animal" yard which isn't kempt?

#12 ·
Suburban Jungle Life said:
slomo said:
Wolverine said:

slomo
Please clarify. Wolverine said he takes care of his yard but to you that sounds like an "animal" yard which isn't kempt?
Please read my comment again sir. I never mentioned or even know who Wolverine is. My point was some people take zero care of their yard and still have a great lawn. Didn't say great looking "IN MY NEIGHBOR'S CASE SIR". Not Wolverine or anyone else. My neighbor that lives next door to me. Oh was your comment sarcasm? I just got it. Good one......... The animal comment and someone named Wolverine. LOL

slomo

#13 ·
@slomo

You quoted Wolverine applying different products and then said: "Sounds just like my "animal" neighbors yard." It reads that you are comparing Wolverine to your neighbor by the use of "Sounds just like..." I'm still not clear what are you trying to convey with your post by quoting Wolverine.

#16 ·
With regards to the HA component only. Studies have shown improved plant growth results up to soil ppm levels of 500. Levels in excess of 500 ppm have resulted in detrimental plant growth effects. Applying 9 oz of 12% HA/M would require more than 13,000 applications to approach that 500 ppm level. I am unaware of the detrimental levels for Seaweed/kelp extract. KOH is a high pH and highly caustic substance and detrimental levels would be dependent on a number of variables, but at recommended rates and application practices (washing off the plant), detrimental effects should be negligible if not non-existent.

#17 ·
Ridgerunner said:
Miller_Low_Life said:
How often should you use these products?
I have the Air-8, RGS & Humic Acid.
I've applied the Air-8 once a month so far and applied the others just two weeks ago.
With regards to the HA component only. Studies have shown improved plant growth results up to soil ppm levels of 500. Levels in excess of 500 ppm have resulted in detrimental plant growth effects. Applying 9 oz of 12% HA/M would require more than 13,000 applications to approach that 500 ppm level. I am unaware of the detrimental levels for Seaweed/kelp extract. KOH is a high pH and highly caustic substance and detrimental levels would be dependent on a number of variables, but at recommended rates and application practices (washing off the plant), detrimental effects should be negligible if not non-existent.
As much as you want! Though, I did apply a similar product with similar % to RGS at 4oz/M in 90° and it yellowed the grass. Not irrigated. It rained a week later and it was all green then. Perhaps the grass didn't appreciate the kelp in high temps. Otherwise, others have poured the GCF products straight on the ground without any problems.

#19 ·
Delmarva Keith said:
I bought the 5 gal pack of Air8 and applied 9 oz per 1,000 about a week ago. Definitely didn't hurt anything and the grass seemed to like it. Objective is to try to loosen up some areas with poor infiltration.

:lol: Nice! Keep us updated! I sprayed at 9oz/M twice, 1 month apart. Great results for me.

#20 ·
Wolverine said:
I think slomo is comparing my chicken pellet use to his neighbors animals poo and how it thickens a lawn.
Too many scientists on this board. My comment was one person spending a ton of money and effort on a lawn to make it look nice. My neighbor spends zero and still has a thriving lawn. Ironic right? Hope I don't have to explain it again. :D

slomo

#21 ·
Suburban Jungle Life said:
Delmarva Keith said:
I bought the 5 gal pack of Air8 and applied 9 oz per 1,000 about a week ago. Definitely didn't hurt anything and the grass seemed to like it. Objective is to try to loosen up some areas with poor infiltration.

:lol: Nice! Keep us updated! I sprayed at 9oz/M twice, 1 month apart. Great results for me.
:thumbup: :nod:

#22 ·
LouisvilleGrubber said:
I'd also be curious to know who is using these products and how they are working. Where are people buying them? The fact that I've only seen these products on YouTube channels is a bit of a yellow flag for me, but I could be talked off that ledge.
I've been buying from Pete at GCI. So far I've put down Humic12, RGS, and microgreene. My St. Augustine has responded pretty well.

July 19

2 days ago.

#26 ·
greengrass said:
The Youtubers praising the stuff are also the ones selling it. If the stuff is that great, the big box stores would have bought them off already.
I agree, but there's people in this forum that's having great results from Green county products as well. They have nothing to gain from sharing there results, so there's got to be something to there products. I haven't brought any yet because I've been on the fence about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.