Kyle's Tahoma 31 Yard Install / Journal

Warm season member lawn journals
Kballen11
Grass Type: Lat 36 Bermuda
Lawn Size: 5,000 sq ft
Mower: John Deere 220B

Kyle's Tahoma 31 Yard Install / Journal

Post by Kballen11 »

Hey everyone! We are building a house (in our current neighborhood) and are scheduled to move in middle of April. I was ecstatic when the builder told me I could install Tahoma 31! Well, I won't be installing it! But, the sod company they work with carries it. They just bricked the exterior and hung dry wall so hoping they will be pouring concrete for sidewalks and drive way soon. As you can see from the pictures, they still need to do some major grading and after the concrete install landscape materials and sod. Any suggestions on prep before sod is installed would be appreciated! I asked if I could come throw down some milo prior to install and they said no problem! I will try to update again when some progress has been made!

Ware
Site Admin
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: 7,500 sq ft
Mower: Toro GM1600

Re: Kyle's Tahoma 31 Yard Install / Journal

Post by Ware »

Nice! And congrats! Anxious to see it!

Thor865
Grass Type: Tifgrand
Lawn Size: 6,000 sqft
Mower: John Deere 220E

Post by Thor865 »

Kballen11 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:42 pm
Hey everyone! We are building a house (in our current neighborhood) and are scheduled to move in middle of April. I was ecstatic when the builder told me I could install Tahoma 31! Well, I won't be installing it! But, the sod company they work with carries it. They just bricked the exterior and hung dry wall so hoping they will be pouring concrete for sidewalks and drive way soon. As you can see from the pictures, they still need to do some major grading and after the concrete install landscape materials and sod. Any suggestions on prep before sod is installed would be appreciated! I asked if I could come throw down some milo prior to install and they said no problem! I will try to update again when some progress has been made!

Make it as flat as possible, do it yourself if possible. You don’t want to get that new sod and realize you have tons of leveling to do. Sure there will be some variance in the sod but the little spot levels is better than several years worth.

Bermuda_Rooster
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: 2500 sq ft
Mower: Earthwise 7-Blade Push Reel

Post by Bermuda_Rooster »

Try to get out there between the day they get final grading done and the day they add topsoil and sod. If their subs are anything like ours, they will have buried or partially buried a whole lot of construction debris. The more of that you can get out and smooth back over, the better for eliminating problem spots and potential hazards (nails, screws, etc.).

Kballen11
Grass Type: Lat 36 Bermuda
Lawn Size: 5,000 sq ft
Mower: John Deere 220B

Post by Kballen11 »

@Bermuda_Rooster I have been going over there about once a week and have been piling up debris on the curve 😂. I have to say, they have been good about hauling it off so I am going to keep on doing it!