Warm season member lawn journals
ENC_Lawn
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: Princess 77 Bermuda
Lawn Size: 14,000
Mower: California Trimmer

Re: Cory’s lawn

Post by ENC_Lawn »

@Cory Going through your journal and seeing how the California Trimmer Stripped your front and back lawn very well.

Any pointers you can share?

I can't seem to get my Bermuda to stripe very well...nowhere as dark a lines as your lawn.

Topic Author
Cory
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: Bermuda, Tifway 419 & common
Lawn Size: 20,000
Mower: Toro GM1600

Post by Cory »

@ENC_Lawnthe front I would double mow the same path if I wanted real good stripes and mow the same pattern for at least 3 mowings or more. The back is always mowed the same path, it’s to big an too much of a PITA to alternate patterns.
I also mow the front North to South, the stripes don’t look nearly as good of I mow East to West.

ENC_Lawn
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: Princess 77 Bermuda
Lawn Size: 14,000
Mower: California Trimmer

Post by ENC_Lawn »

Cory wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:28 pm
@ENC_Lawnthe front I would double mow the same path if I wanted real good stripes and mow the same pattern for at least 3 mowings or more. The back is always mowed the same path, it’s to big an too much of a PITA to alternate patterns.
I also mow the front North to South, the stripes don’t look nearly as good of I mow East to West.
:thumbup:

Topic Author
Cory
TLF Supporter

Post by Cory »

Mowed today after 3 days of rain. Still plenty of dead spots but It’s getting there.

The Toro 1600 took a crap as I was almost finished. Blew a drive belt and looks like the drive drum is gonna need new bearings/re built, guess I won’t be reel mowing again any time soon. Not gonna but almost want to throw the POS in the trash.

FlaDave
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: 4400 sq/ft
Mower: Jacobsen pgm 22

Post by FlaDave »

That's a shame. I'm kinda missing your old reel right now, and it's not even my lawn.

Topic Author
Cory
TLF Supporter

Post by Cory »

FlaDave wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:50 pm
That's a shame. I'm kinda missing your old reel right now, and it's not even my lawn.
Yeah, me too :lol: I’m hesitant on spending any more money on it though. I’ve already spent a few hundred on it, it could use a new reel too but I don’t really want to keep dumping money into it. I may just mow it with my zero turn this year. I was looking forward to keeping it nice this year after not reel mowing it for the second half of last season.

mrbradg
Grass Type: Bermuda Tifway 419
Lawn Size: 6000
Mower: Honda HRX217HYA

Post by mrbradg »

This year has been crazy for my lawn too. It's finally starting to completely fill in with these 80's temps this week.

Looks great man! It will get there. Been following you for awhile.