Lawn Care Forum banner

HungrySoutherner TifGrand Lawn Journal 2021

52K views 230 replies 32 participants last post by  HungrySoutherner 
#1 ·
I figure after being here for a while I should start a journal. After mistiming my pgr and leveling with sand my Bermuda final rebounded out this last week. I was keeping it at an inch with a rotary and decided to scalp it back to about .4" today. I got out the swardman and didn't check to see if the HOC was tightened or that the battery was charged so this is where it ended. A little nitrogen and some time will get it back. I actually am think of taking it down to as close to 1/4 of inch as possible looks like the 419 is fine and it will stress out the common Bermuda . I'm sure the neighbors were confused when I didn't finish mowing and it looks like it's been murdered

See less See more
#230 ·
@HungrySoutherner How did your autopilot experiment go this year with low NPK and the automower? Any overall thoughts and then any changes for 2022? I want to go this route as well.

I have several sections I need to fill in and other sections that are really thick. I plan to try and sprig and more heavily fertilize the bare, thin sections and not use PGR or root pruning pre ems there. The thick sections would get full pre em, PGR, lower NPK. I am also contemplating the automower.

#231 ·
Jagermeister said:
@HungrySoutherner How did your autopilot experiment go this year with low NPK and the automower? Any overall thoughts and then any changes for 2022? I want to go this route as well.

I have several sections I need to fill in and other sections that are really thick. I plan to try and sprig and more heavily fertilize the bare, thin sections and not use PGR or root pruning pre ems there. The thick sections would get full pre em, PGR, lower NPK. I am also contemplating the automower.
Things went really well. By far the least amount of input into my turf and time spent in the yard for positive outputs and overall turf health. I monkeyed around a good but with PGR rates and the robot which proved an excellent combo on Tifgrand once it was all dialed in. I reeled mow for about a month at the end of the season so I could monitor clipping volume dialing in PGR but was barely collecting anything mowing once a week . I'm renovating my backyard next year so having the system on autopilot will help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.