Lawn Care Forum banner

Thor's 2021 Lawn Journal

62K views 103 replies 21 participants last post by  CenlaLowell 
#1 ·
This winter has been brutal compared to previous years. So brutal the PRG even went semi-dormant.

2020 was a great year in the lawn and I look forward to 2021.

I even did my very first YouTube video in 2020 and some say defeated the one and only RK in a stripe off.
Link:

We begin to warm up this week so decided to give the semi dormant PRG a cut today (didn't cut anything) and put down a light coat of fert to encourage some growth and green up before I kill it off.

See less See more
1 1
#19 ·
Long time no update.

I scorched the backyard a couple weeks ago by misapplication of too high N sprayed. Rookie mistake it is however coming back.

Front has improved dramatically

Side yard is also very impressive for me although the picture doesn't do it justice. (The dead spots around utilities is common Bermuda kill off in process)

#20 ·
Another 2 week update. A few days in to round 2 PGR app.

This year using 3 pgr's.
Aneuw 8oz/acre
Paclo 4oz/acre
Tnex 4oz/acre

So yeah it just doesn't grow much. About once a week mowing at 1/2" hoc.

I was cleaning up the carb on the Greensmaster and misplaced the main jet 😭. On order, so today's cut was with the JD 220e.

Happy with all aspects considering the seed head period I am in.

#23 ·
Redtwin said:
I'm guessing a Sprayer-Mate!!

Interesting that you are applying all 3 PGR's at once. I was thinking of trying Anuew also but wanted to see how the TifGrand played with the T-Nex first. I already have the Paclo.

You lawn is looking great as always and can't wait to get mine to where yours is at. Planning on doing a sanding here shortly.

#24 ·
Mightyquinn said:
Redtwin said:
I'm guessing a Sprayer-Mate!!

Interesting that you are applying all 3 PGR's at once. I was thinking of trying Anuew also but wanted to see how the TifGrand played with the T-Nex first. I already have the Paclo.

You lawn is looking great as always and can't wait to get mine to where yours is at. Planning on doing a sanding here shortly.
Yeah I apply all 3 at once and water in few hours later for the Paclo. Low rate Paclo or it'll bronze bad. I did tnex 6ml/M , Paclo 8ml/M last year with no issues

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.