Lawn Care Forum banner

Leefjl63 South FL - Palmetto St. Augustine Journal

24K views 104 replies 9 participants last post by  Lem855 
#1 ·
This is my lawn journal. I started to improve my lawn July 2020. Prior to that I only fertilize 3 times a year and put down insecticide.

I've not done anything so far this year except this pass Sunday I applied Sunniland St. Augustine 20-0-6 Weed and Feed at 4lbs per 1000 sq ft.

I'm thinking to blanket spray either Image for Southern Lawns or Ortho Weed Clear. But not in a rush because lawn doesn't have too many weeds. I'll give the Weed & Feed a chance to work.

I'm working on a 2021 schedule based off 2020. I'll need to make some adjustment based on how the lawn reacts from now to July.

See less See more
#8 ·
Yard Mastery app for bio stimulant schedule:

2/28/21
Humic12 @6 oz per 1k
Microgeene @9 oz per 1k
Will spray RGS next weekend

Fungicide:
Propiconazole 14.3 @ 1oz per 1k. Spray it as a preventative.

Backyard view looking back at house:

Need to get something to clean my wall after accidentically spraying some micro or humic on there 😃.

#9 ·
It's been warm here in South Florida. Had to do a mid week cut.

Still not sure if I want to spray some Dismiss NXT to hit some weeds. Might just hand pull for now and see what comes up later. I have Celsius as my back-up.

Getting a little cooler so might just spread some Prodiamine left over from last year.

I have some Bermuda invading on the corner section of the yard. I figure for now I'll let the St Aug go to battle for that spot. My last fert was only on where the St Aug was thickest.

Wednesday late cut:

Some Bermuda at the bottom right:

#14 ·
@UltimateLawn I was going after spurge, buttonweed and nutsedge. There were some others but I couldn't identify them. It did knock down most of the weeds except the buttonweed (suppressed). But the problem is that it ding the St. Aug pretty hard. I learnt the hard way not to spray over 85F. Doesn't matter if you do it in the evening.

Celsius cleaned up the buttonweed. Not sure if the NXT helped. But zero damage to the grass.

So far the grass looks pretty good. Looks like this will work in the cooler weather.

#20 ·
Saturday cut and put down some 7-0-20 StressX from Yard Mastery. Grass a little stress from the Dismiss so I'm going to see if I can just grow it out.

This time of year I water twice a week. But I have this small area that will show signs of dryness when there's no rainfall. I usually just water that spot and it will bounce back. This time I sprayed some humic to see if that will help the area. Hoping that the high potassium will also help.

Some yellow tip but this is really to show the line of domination 😄 I offered to help but he didnt take me up on the offer 🤷

#23 ·
Mid week cut. Also sprayed Air8 (0-0-5) in the back yard. It been a while since it has rained so I've been spot watering. Potassium is suppose to help when grass is stressed so figured the Air8 might make the dry spots recover quicker.

Backyard needs more water because of full sun all day.

Front is way easier to maintain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.