Lawn Care Forum banner

SCGrassMan's 2019 Lawn Journal

15K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  Topcat 
#1 ·

REPEAT AFTER ME:
Diopthyr does not prevent weeds in lawns.

Just did a broadcast application of Dismiss and Imazequin. We will see how it goes.

See less See more
#2 ·

Put down speedzone, MSM, and Prodiamine today. Some of the weeds had started to melt from the Dismiss and the other stuff whose name escapes me, but this should do the trick.

Pictured here is the Hell Strip™️ in its natural state. I think I may have to add a couple of heads this year once the grass starts growing.

#5 ·
g-man said:
Repeat after me: Diopthyr does prevent weeds in lawns when used at the right time and rate. :) in reference to your first post.
I put it down in the fall at the recommended rate. I was not impressed.

#10 ·
Ortho-Doc said:
Does your neighbor have a YouTube channel? Worlds finest poa annua lawn!
SCGrassMan said:

All scalped up for spring!

As is my neighbors Bermuda overseeded with Poa Annua 😢
He doesn't but he should! Because of how our lots are laid out I've just been mowing his with my reel mower, but I didn't put down any pre m on his yard in the fall. Wish I had now, but I'll it it up with Prodiamine and some weed killer in a week or so.

#11 ·
Put down some Milorganite on the whole front yard, and 0.2 lbs/10 sq ft sulfur on the sidewalk strip along the road, where the pH was 6.9. Giving it a light watering since rain is in the forecast. Hopefully it will help keep the moles at bay as well!

#16 ·
I'm looking forward to following your journal and progress!

I'm in San Antonio, TX and have 2600sf of Zeon Zoysia. I'm going into my second growing season since it was sodded. Today I did a test area where I dethatched and scalped to 1". That area had overgrown to about 4-6". The blades were laying down and then growing upwards...long story how it got that way. I found lots of thatch even after one year. I think because I feed it recommended rates for bermuda noting knowing any better. ALL THAT TO ASK: how long does your zeon take to bounce back from scalping?

#20 ·
drewwitt said:
Update. Update. Update. Update. 😊
You asked for it!

Back yard didn't get treated with anything and looks great. Front yard got toasted with too much MSM.

I'm cutting plugs out of the dead areas and going to fill in with sand, and TifTuf plugs courtesy of @Topcat .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.