TLF Supporter
Grass Type: KY-31, NoMix, & clover
Lawn Size: 13,000 SqFt
Mower: Rotary

Re: Green's Lawn Journal

Post by Powhatan »

Green wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:59 pm
Tell me about this homeowner account...is it a charge account, or something else? My manager did not suggest there was such a thing when I mentioned accounts...he just mentioned charge accounts (which I assume mostly pros use due to volume purchases).
On the SiteOne request account page the choices are "Contractor" or "Homeowner/Retail Customer". I requested the homeowner, my request had to be reviewed for approval (the request didn't ask for my financials), and about two days later I received an approval email with login instructions. After I login, I see the product prices, and filter select for what's available at my local SiteOne location.

I'm not 100% sure on the remaining purchase procedure since I haven't bought yet. My online account info shows nothing about having store credit so presuming I purchase using my CC: Select what date morning/afternoon pickup timeframe I want, then go pick up item(s) on the requested date at the SiteOne location, pay with my CC.

Several help videos here: https://www.siteone.com/en/help
Last edited by Powhatan on Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Green
Grass Type: KBG, TTTF, TTPR, FF-diff mixes
Lawn Size: 15K
Mower: Toro 22", MTD 21", Fiskars 18"

Post by Green »

Got 0.52 inch of rain over the past couple of days.
Front: Northern mix - mostly TTTF, KBG, TTPR. Back: Firecracker and Bullseye TTTF with America, Rugby 2, Bewitched KBG. Upper Side: Mostly TTPR, KBG. Lower Side: similar to front. Low-input: TF/FF, KBG, PR. Always seeding somewhere or fighting Triv.

Green

Post by Green »

Got 0.82 inch of rain last night and today (liquid equivalent from rain and snow/slush).

Tomorrow and the following day are supposed to be quite cold, with highs likely below 30F, windy, and night-time temps likely going into the single digits at least one of those days (that hasn't happened much or at all this season yet).

@Powhatan, thanks for the info. I'll look into it.
Front: Northern mix - mostly TTTF, KBG, TTPR. Back: Firecracker and Bullseye TTTF with America, Rugby 2, Bewitched KBG. Upper Side: Mostly TTPR, KBG. Lower Side: similar to front. Low-input: TF/FF, KBG, PR. Always seeding somewhere or fighting Triv.

Green

Post by Green »

Just a quick update. Things look good overall. Dormant but good. Soil temps are cold...back is frozen solid, and other areas are mostly 33F. I definitely will not be mowing for the first time within the next week! Most likely the first cleanup raking and mow will be after March 1st rather than before. The grass blades are desiccating out anyway, so no need to mow anytime soon. Cold is good. It helps get rid of some of the upper soil moisture.
Last edited by Green on Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.