Lawn Size: 10,000
Mower: GM1000

Re: jrubb42's Going Low Journal

Post by jrubb42 »

Stuofsci02 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:34 pm
jrubb42 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:44 pm
@SumBeach35 thanks for the advice on feature! Glad you like the journal so far.

@Stuofsci02 @Vtx531 I do have PGP rotors. I'm going to be ordering all of the parts I need tonight. Question is, does every zone have it's own line that it's connected to? For example - zone 1 would have it's own 3/4 inch line, zone 2 would have it's own and so on?
Yes in general that is the case. There will be one common line that goes to you valve box or boxes and then a valve for each with its own line.
Thanks man. Just ordered everything I need (hopefully). What a p.i.t.a. Had to order from 3 different sites but I think I got everything. My plan is to put in three new heads on 2 different zones. Also ordered double of everything that I need for each zone line because I don't know what size they used. Hopefully either 3/4 or 1 inch...Or I'm in trouble :lol:

I would get out there, dig and look, but I still need to call and have them mark for any potential lines or wires in the yard.. Plan is to do the install next week and it was hard enough to get shipping here in time for that. First round of gly goes down at the end of this week. Seed shows up Wednesday.

Definitely no turning back now....scary stuff.

Stuofsci02
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: KBG, PRG, FF
Lawn Size: 28,600 sqft
Mower: Toro GM Flex 21, JD X304

Post by Stuofsci02 »

jrubb42 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:58 pm
Stuofsci02 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:34 pm
jrubb42 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:44 pm
@SumBeach35 thanks for the advice on feature! Glad you like the journal so far.

@Stuofsci02 @Vtx531 I do have PGP rotors. I'm going to be ordering all of the parts I need tonight. Question is, does every zone have it's own line that it's connected to? For example - zone 1 would have it's own 3/4 inch line, zone 2 would have it's own and so on?
Yes in general that is the case. There will be one common line that goes to you valve box or boxes and then a valve for each with its own line.
Thanks man. Just ordered everything I need (hopefully). What a p.i.t.a. Had to order from 3 different sites but I think I got everything. My plan is to put in three new heads on 2 different zones. Also ordered double of everything that I need for each zone line because I don't know what size they used. Hopefully either 3/4 or 1 inch...Or I'm in trouble :lol:

I would get out there, dig and look, but I still need to call and have them mark for any potential lines or wires in the yard.. Plan is to do the install next week and it was hard enough to get shipping here in time for that. First round of gly goes down at the end of this week. Seed shows up Wednesday.

Definitely no turning back now....scary stuff.
There is work to do for sure, but it is only grass. Take your time and it will go fine! It is 95% prep and then making sure to keep it wet.

Topic Author
jrubb42
Grass Type: KBG/Cool Season Mix
Lawn Size: 10,000
Mower: GM1000

Post by jrubb42 »

Got a cut in today with........

The manual reel.

Because the GM has been acting up as of late. It's been chugging even with the choke completely on. Went in and cleaned the carb a little bit and after I was done, on the very first pull to start it, the pull string snapped. That will be a project for next week!

Now on the fence (more leaning towards no) on the renovation because it didn't hit me til a couple of days ago that I put down 2 apps of prodiamine in the spring. Fun times. I have 90% of the material I needed for the renovation ordered already including seed...with the help of all the members here, I'm pretty positive I could've still had a successful reno. But time constraints with work and kids wouldve been too much..Might just do a small section of the yard to see how much different the new seed will be compared to what I have.

I know a lot of ppl would kill to have the grass I currently have, but I'm now in the mind frame of getting a tier 2.5 lawn at least..

I have a few projects I can tackle this fall including removing the stump in my yard, adding irrigation heads to the areas that I get localized dry spots, and just getting my irrigation where it needs to be in general. Curious to how my current short grass will like a beefed up fall nitrogen blitz...

This dude is killing me with his piss spots!