How can I catch Home Depot's store-local clearance sales when they're getting rid of lawn stuff for the year?

A place to discuss everything else
ryeguy
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 5000 sqft
Mower: Toro TimeMaster

How can I catch Home Depot's store-local clearance sales when they're getting rid of lawn stuff for the year?

Post by ryeguy » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:30 pm

I assume Home Depot will want to cheaply sell off their fertilizer and other lawn products to make way for in-season stuff. Most of the mentions of deals I see on here are local to specific stores. Do these clearance specials up in the weekly ads on homedepot.com? Is there some other way to catch them?

Matthawk7
Grass Type: Tamstar St. Augustine
Lawn Size: 3000sq ft
Mower: Rotary Honda hrx217

Re: How can I catch Home Depot's store-local clearance sales when they're getting rid of lawn stuff for the year?

Post by Matthawk7 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:51 pm

Go every day! By the time the prices trickle down to the websites it's too late. Ok... maybe once per week

Jgourley124
Grass Type: KBG/PRG
Lawn Size: 6000 sq ft
Mower: JD 22

Re: How can I catch Home Depot's store-local clearance sales when they're getting rid of lawn stuff for the year?

Post by Jgourley124 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:42 am

Go on HD website and gather the internet numbers off the items you want, then check brickseek.com to see the pricing and inventory of your local store. Home Depot is famous for not posting the prices on brickseek, but it will let you know when an item goes on clearance. Also if you have the SKU of the items you following, you can go instore at any Home Depot and next to the customers service desk there is a computer. It might look like a employee computer, but it is for the public, just go on and there is a price checker app. Click on it and input the SKU and it will tell you the price. HD is known for items going down quickly after the season. http://www.wallethackers.com/2017/05/2 ... _shopping/

desirous
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 6000
Mower: Honda HRX217

Post by desirous » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:50 pm

Clearance is never in the weekly ads. Also, Walmart fertilizer clearance is way better than HD. Visit stores regularly this time of the year.

DuncanMcDonuts
Grass Type: Hybrid Bermuda
Lawn Size: 3500
Mower: Baroness LM56/EGO 21" SP

Post by DuncanMcDonuts » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:01 pm

My local Walmarts are clearancing out lawn tools and fertilizer. Plenty of Fiskars tools for less than 50% MSRP and some general 13-13-13 40# for $7. I haven't been able to score many Home Depot clearance deals. Most of the tools on "clearance" are marked from $139.99 to $130.00 as an example.