Topic Author
Ware
Site Admin
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: 7,500 sq ft
Mower: Toro GM1600

How you can support TLF...

Post by Ware »

I am sometimes asked by TLF members how they can help support this site. I have set up a few options for supporting TLF - all of which can be found in the black navigation bar near the top of each page on a desktop/laptop:

Or in the Quick Links menu on mobile devices:

Support TLF When You Shop:

You can support TLF by simply using the provided links when shopping at:
The great thing about this approach is that you pay nothing extra for the products you buy, but TLF earns a small commission from qualifying purchases when you use the links. So if you are going to purchase a product anyway, this is a great way to support TLF at the same time without any additional out-of-pocket expense.

Donate Directly to Support TLF:

Alternatively, you may donate directly to the operating expenses of TLF via PayPal. The minimum donation amount is $1 and you do not need a PayPal account to donate. You can use a credit or debit card without an account, or you can log in and use any funding source you have set up with PayPal. With a PayPal account there is also an option to set up a recurring monthly contribution - which can be cancelled at any time in your PayPal account settings.

Members who have donated $25 or more during the last 12 months or set up an equivalent recurring monthly contribution will:
  • be recognized with a blue name and a "TLF Supporter" rank
  • receive double the PM storage space
  • browse TLF ad free
These donations (as little as ~$2/month) help maintain this incredible resource, so I feel that it is important to recognize these members. To help me facilitate this process, please include your TLF username in the notes section when making a PayPal donation.

I appreciate your consideration, and more importantly I thank you all for helping make TLF the friendliest and most comprehensive source for DIY lawn care information on the internet. :thumbsup:
Last edited by Ware on Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

dfw_pilot
Site Admin
Lawn Size: 6,000 ft²
Mower: Sigh, back to rotary.

Support

Post by dfw_pilot »

The shopping links are a great win-win.
Invest for Retirement | Support TLF | The Bermuda Triangle | Sprayer Wand | PWS
- A clear conscience is a great pillow -

pennstater2005
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 15,000 sq ft
Mower: Rotary

Re: How you can support TLF...

Post by pennstater2005 »

Awesome! I have my Amazon favorite link switched to the one here that is linked with TLF. That way I don't have to remember to come here every time I make a purchase. I just click the Amazon tab and off I go. Easy way to help to support the site and keep it ad free. Made my first purchase, coffee, using the link.
"Perfection, like infinity, is unobtainable, even at places like Augusta. It's the journey toward the goal that holds all the fun, joy, and reward." - dfw_pilot

Lawn Fertilizer Calculator

Credit

TulsaFan
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: Meyer Zoysia / Bermuda (PRG)
Lawn Size: 1,298 ft²
Mower: Baroness® LM56

Post by TulsaFan »

I just paid for my first annual subscription. No telling how much time and money this site has saved me! :thumbup:
TLF SUPPORTERS: Join the 1% in showing your support for TLF!
WHY BARONESS?

bgillroy
Grass Type: KBG, PRG, Fescue
Lawn Size: 10,000sqft
Mower: TroyBilt 753B & Toro Recycler

Post by bgillroy »

Awesome! I'll be sure to click through, I've got a domyown.com order coming up.
Check out my lawn journal here

SGrabs33
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: Tif419 Bermuda
Lawn Size: 4.5k sq ft
Mower: California Trimmer, TruCut

Post by SGrabs33 »

Great way to support the group!

Is there any way to set up my amazon app to always use the affiliate link somehow?

Topic Author
Ware
Site Admin

Re: Support

Post by Ware »

dfw_pilot wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:57 am
The shopping links are a great win-win.
Agree. :thumbsup:
pennstater2005 wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:11 am
Awesome! I have my Amazon favorite link switched to the one here that is linked with TLF. That way I don't have to remember to come here every time I make a purchase. I just click the Amazon tab and off I go. Easy way to help to support the site and keep it ad free. Made my first purchase, coffee, using the link.
Great idea, and much appreciated. Keeping the site ad-free has definitely been a priority, and this will be an unobtrusive way to allow members/visitors to help support TLF - it is modeled after the approach they've taken over at Bogleheads. :thumbup:
TulsaFan wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:48 am
I just paid for my first annual subscription. No telling how much time and money this site has saved me! :thumbup:
Thank you. Like Bogleheads, TLF will never require an annual subscription, but the PayPal option will allow those who would like to contribute an avenue to do so. :thumbsup:
bgillroy wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:59 am
Awesome! I'll be sure to click through, I've got a domyown.com order coming up.
Thank you. It is a great way to support TLF just by purchasing products you were planning on buying anyway. :thumbsup:
SGrabs33 wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:33 am
Great way to support the group!

Is there any way to set up my amazon app to always use the affiliate link somehow?
I do not think this is possible. A workaround would be to add something to your cart in the app, then use the TLF Amazon link to check out in a browser (on desktop or mobile). This is a trick utilized by Amazon Smile users. Another option would be to add the TLF Amazon link to the home screen on the mobile device and use Amazon's mobile site as an "app". This is good trick for quickly accessing TLF too. :thumbup:

Speaking of Amazon Smile, if you have installed the Smile Always extension in Chrome, the Smilematic extension in Safari, or the Amazon SMILE! extension in Firefox, you will still be directed to your Amazon Smile page when using the TLF Amazon link. It will probably work with similar extensions/other browsers, but these are the ones I have confirmed.

SGrabs33
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: Tif419 Bermuda
Lawn Size: 4.5k sq ft
Mower: California Trimmer, TruCut

Post by SGrabs33 »

Sorry for all the Qs.

When I click the link it auto opens my app. Is that still going to benefit TLF?

Killsocket
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 10,000 sq ft
Mower: Toro Timemaster

Post by Killsocket »

This is a very nice subtle way to support this site. I will gladly use these links for future purchases.

Topic Author
Ware
Site Admin

Post by Ware »

SGrabs33 wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:10 am
Sorry for all the Qs.

When I click the link it auto opens my app. Is that still going to benefit TLF?
No worries.

To be honest, I’m really not sure. My guess is no because I have seen that complaint among Amazon Smile users, but I will try to find a more definitive answer.