Cyzmic CS - I cant be reading this right?

A place to discuss DIY pest control
pestandturfpro
Grass Type: Cool season grasses.
Lawn Size: 5,500 sq ft
Mower: 52” Hydro Scag

Re: Cyzmic CS - I cant be reading this right?

Post by pestandturfpro »

You do not need to treat turf grass for proper/effective control of mosquitos. Actually, you shouldn’t treat turf grass at all for any insect- except flea or tick infestations. This helps to protect our pollinators, however subtle it may help.

mjh648
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: St. Augustine
Lawn Size: 2000 sq ft
Mower: john deere gas

Post by mjh648 »

pestandturfpro wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:45 pm
You do not need to treat turf grass for proper/effective control of mosquitos. Actually, you shouldn’t treat turf grass at all for any insect- except flea or tick infestations. This helps to protect our pollinators, however subtle it may help.
I would have no lawn if I didn't treat for insects. Grubs, webworms, armyworms, cinch bugs are rampant here.

mjh648
TLF Supporter
Lawn Size: 2000 sq ft
Mower: john deere gas

Post by mjh648 »

g-man wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:10 pm
I can believe it. The carrier would be to get more surface area with the product.

I don't apply it to the lawn either.
Do you see anything wrong though with using lambda-cyhalothrin for lawn insects (webworms, armyworms, cinch bugs, etc)? Same group as bifenthrin and seems to last way longer. Was hoping to group this with imidacloprid so as not to have bugs develop resistance.

g-man
Grass Type: Front: NoMix Back: Bewitched
Lawn Size: 5678
Mower: John Deere 220E

Post by g-man »

@mjh648 this is outside my knowledge area. Maybe someone will answer, but we are approaching the time of year that the site slows down in active members.

Spammage
Grass Type: Zoysia/Bermuda
Lawn Size: 6000 + 4000 non-irri
Mower: McLane 25" Greenskeeper

Post by Spammage »

mjh648 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:32 am
pestandturfpro wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:45 pm
I would have no lawn if I didn't treat for insects. Grubs, webworms, armyworms, cinch bugs are rampant here.
And I would move if I couldn't treat the lawn for fire ants.

TSGarp007
Lawn Size: 10,000 sf
Mower: Honda Walk Behind

Post by TSGarp007 »

mjh648 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:50 am
Do you see anything wrong though with using lambda-cyhalothrin for lawn insects (webworms, armyworms, cinch bugs, etc)? Same group as bifenthrin and seems to last way longer. Was hoping to group this with imidacloprid so as not to have bugs develop resistance.
I don't know if it necessarily lasts longer if it is watered into the ground, but it is labeled for things.