Frankzzz
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: 8000 sq ft
Mower: riding mower

Re: DIY Pest Control for Exterior/Interior of Home

Post by Frankzzz »

stogie1020 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:17 pm
I am wondering what the dangers are of a person contacting the treated exterior surfaces after the app has dried, but then is wet again for some reason? I have little kids and I tend to apply the treatments to, say, the front door jamb, but sometimes my little kids hold the door jamb to go out over the threshold, and they may have wet hands.

Does water re-enable the dangerous-when-contacted elements of these chems after they have dried initially?
No idea. But just to be safe, I wouldn't spray the entire door jamb. Just spray the threshold and maybe 1' up the jamb from the threshold.

Topic Author
pennstater2005
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 15,000 sq ft
Mower: Rotary

Post by pennstater2005 »

Talstar P today house exterior.
"Perfection, like infinity, is unobtainable, even at places like Augusta. It's the journey toward the goal that holds all the fun, joy, and reward." - dfw_pilot

Lawn Fertilizer Calculator

Credit

gm560
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: KBG
Lawn Size: 6500 sqft
Mower: GM1600 / Honda HRR216

Post by gm560 »

stogie1020 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:17 pm
I am a regular user of Talstar P/Bifenthrin (October-April) and Cy-Kick/Cyfluthrin (May-Sept, which is scorpion season here in AZ).

I am wondering what the dangers are of a person contacting the treated exterior surfaces after the app has dried, but then is wet again for some reason? I have little kids and I tend to apply the treatments to, say, the front door jamb, but sometimes my little kids hold the door jamb to go out over the threshold, and they may have wet hands.

Does water re-enable the dangerous-when-contacted elements of these chems after they have dried initially?
I think it is fine once it dries, but for piece of mind, you could maybe use Permethrin in those areas or until they are a bit older. Permethrin is in a lot of bug sprays, dog flea treatment, and is even the AI in the shampoo you would buy at the drug store if your kids happened to get lice.

stogie1020
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: 900SqFt
Mower: Scott's 20in Push Reel

Post by stogie1020 »

Thanks gents, I think I will play is safe and just do the lower 6-8 inches of the front door jamb. I also used to spray the back concrete patio, but will probably just do the foot or so of patio right in front of the sliding door.