Best place to buy liquid products?

A place to discuss organic lawn care products and practices
DonInTheLawn
Grass Type: PRG/Fescue mix
Lawn Size: 4,000sq/ft
Mower: Toro mulcher

Best place to buy liquid products?

Post by DonInTheLawn » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:58 pm

Over the summer I bought some N-EXT liquid products, like HUMIC/Folic acid, micro nutrients, and liquid fert.

I like spraying the liquids and was wondering if there are other products available that are better for the price compared to the N-EXT stuff?

Miller_Low_Life
Grass Type: Midwest Mix
Lawn Size: 6500
Mower: eGO 21 Inch

Re: Best place to buy liquid products?

Post by Miller_Low_Life » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:06 pm

You could check out simple lawn solutions.
https://simplelawnsolutions.com/

I just bought the Ryan Knorr box to try but won't be able to do it until spring.
I've had trouble with N-EXT products in my Ortho Sprayer recently.
Trying to come up with a solution there.

DonInTheLawn
Grass Type: PRG/Fescue mix
Lawn Size: 4,000sq/ft
Mower: Toro mulcher

Post by DonInTheLawn » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:38 am

Miller_Low_Life wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:06 pm
You could check out simple lawn solutions.
https://simplelawnsolutions.com/

I just bought the Ryan Knorr box to try but won't be able to do it until spring.
I've had trouble with N-EXT products in my Ortho Sprayer recently.
Trying to come up with a solution there.
I have been using the N-EXT stuff with the ortho, and I took the filter attachment completely off the bottom of the suction line and it works great. I also read that humic/rgs Do NOT mix well with any of the liquid ferts or micro green and cause the solutions to clump.

ArtOfWar626
Grass Type: Tall Fescue
Lawn Size: 1,000 square feet
Mower: Ryobi Mower

Post by ArtOfWar626 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:07 am

DonInTheLawn wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:58 pm
Over the summer I bought some N-EXT liquid products, like HUMIC/Folic acid, micro nutrients, and liquid fert.

I like spraying the liquids and was wondering if there are other products available that are better for the price compared to the N-EXT stuff?
I get that N-Ext is really expensive out the gate because of their large quantities but it ultimately ends up being much cheaper (per application cost) than its competitors like Simple Lawn Solutions and Lawn Star. The per cost application is going to be a much bigger factor if your lawn size is big. I noticed you have a 4000sqft lawn.

N-Ext's schedule rate is around 6 times a year at 3oz per 1000sqft. So you would need 12oz down for your 4000sqft lawn at each application. So for the year you'd need 72oz of RGS.

I want to buy N-Ext as well but I only have a 1000sqft lawn. Imagine if I bought a 5 gallon jug of RGS? It would be enough RGS to last me for close to 35 and a half years of applications. :lol: So I've been looking at getting one of their choose four 1-gallon packages. Even then... 1 gallon of RGS would last me 7 years. I wish I had a local friend willing to split the cost with me. :P

CoastalHumboldt
Grass Type: Fescue/Bluegrass
Lawn Size: 1,500
Mower: Fiskars Push Reel Mower

Post by CoastalHumboldt » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:35 pm

https://www.composttealab.com/store/p5/ ... nd%29.html
this can make like 300 gallons of product for 25 bucks. you just add 1.5tsp per gallon of water you wanna spray.
this easily beats N-ext products for price. I spray this stuff once a week on my lawn because why not at this price?
Last edited by CoastalHumboldt on Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daniel3507
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: Common Bermuda
Lawn Size: 1800sq ft
Mower: Rotary

Post by daniel3507 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:11 pm

It looks like the Compost Tea Lab product is just a Humic kelp mix more than a true compost tea. Some of their other products though look interesting.

bmitch05
Grass Type: TTTF
Lawn Size: 6,500 sqft
Mower: Toro Timemaster

Post by bmitch05 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:55 am

DonInTheLawn wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:58 pm

I have been researching this myself and have used the Next products over the past couple of years with success, just looking for what else is out there. I reached out to BioPro about their product line and I was told that they are making strides with the container sizes and labeling to meet the requirements in order to sell to homeowners. I like the fact that they have a high concentration of humic, micros, sea kelp, and hydretain in they're products. some of them are premixed which will save time for me.

I look forward to see what they come up with.

Gilley11
Grass Type: Zoysia
Lawn Size: 2000 sq ft
Mower: JD rider

Post by Gilley11 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:18 am

CoastalHumboldt wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:35 pm
this can make like 300 gallons of product for 25 bucks. you just add 1.5tsp per gallon of water you wanna spray.
this easily beats N-ext products for price. I spray this stuff once a week on my lawn because why not at this price?
The site says 1.5tsp/5gal water. That's a serious dilution!

CoastalHumboldt
Grass Type: Fescue/Bluegrass
Lawn Size: 1,500
Mower: Fiskars Push Reel Mower

Post by CoastalHumboldt » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:06 pm

Gilley11 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:18 am
CoastalHumboldt wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:35 pm
The site says 1.5tsp/5gal water. That's a serious dilution!
The water turns jet black. Compared to the liquid humic I have bought online i don't see a big difference