Topic Author
dj80d
Grass Type: mixture mostly bermuda and rye
Lawn Size: 6220
Mower: honda

RICHLAWN 5-3-2

Post by dj80d »

just want to see if anyone here uses this stuff. RICHLAWN
5-3-2 CHICKEN MANURE. i'm thinking of using this instead of milorganite.

Topic Author
dj80d

Re: RICHLAWN 5-3-2

Post by dj80d »

always_creative
Grass Type: TTTF
Lawn Size: 2500
Mower: EGO

Post by always_creative »

I personally think of biosolids as fairly interchangeable. It's complex, composted waste, which should be good for the soil. I like that there is a little less P per amount of N, since I live in an area where Phosphorus runoff causes problems in our lakes.

If you're someone who cares that milorganite is made from sewer waste and is likely contaminated with other stuff people put in their drains, then chicken poop manure is probably a better choice.

Deadlawn
Grass Type: Tall fescue/fine fescue/clover
Lawn Size: 1/4 acre
Mower: Honda HRR 216PDA

Post by Deadlawn »

always_creative wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:57 am
If you're someone who cares that milorganite is made from sewer waste and is likely contaminated with other stuff people put in their drains, then chicken poop manure is probably a better choice.
This is the main concern with biosolids like Milorganite and why I prefer to use Espoma's line organic fertilizers with include feather meal, poultry manure and sulfate of potash.
Tier 1 - I just want something green. Perennial "weeds" that stay green year round are welcome.

Topic Author
dj80d

Post by dj80d »

always_creative wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:57 am
I personally think of biosolids as fairly interchangeable. It's complex, composted waste, which should be good for the soil. I like that there is a little less P per amount of N, since I live in an area where Phosphorus runoff causes problems in our lakes.

i know that a course i worked on used to use chicken manure alot and the course was top notch. im thinking of using it as much a possible. thanks for the info