A place to discuss organic lawn care products and practices
Topic Author
AvgHomeOwner
Grass Type: Bermuda Sod Tiffway 419
Lawn Size: 4000 sq,ft
Mower: Ryobi 1+ 40v

Lesco Organic Biosolids 6-3-0

Post by AvgHomeOwner »

Has anyone used this before? Any idea if it is smelly like Milo? Wondering what is the source for the biosolids. Expecting some 90s temps next 2 weeks. This would be really nice to spread. Thanks

Powhatan
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: KY-31 & NoMix
Lawn Size: 12,000
Mower: Rotary

Re: Lesco Organic Biosolids 6-3-0

Post by Powhatan »

With the biosolid it probably has some smell of success.

I suspect the biosolid is sourced from a SE state and not one of the 40 states you can't get the product, the LESCO product page says: "This product is not available for sale in AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV and WY."

The product label says powered by "GreenEdge". GreenEdge is located in FL. Here's a pic of their treatment facility.

http://www.green-edge.com/green-technologies/

Topic Author
AvgHomeOwner
Grass Type: Bermuda Sod Tiffway 419
Lawn Size: 4000 sq,ft
Mower: Ryobi 1+ 40v

Post by AvgHomeOwner »

Powhatan wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 1:24 pm
With the biosolid it probably has some smell of success.

I suspect the biosolid is sourced from a SE state and not one of the 40 states you can't get the product, the LESCO product page says: "This product is not available for sale in AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV and WY."

The product label says powered by "GreenEdge". GreenEdge is located in FL. Here's a pic of their treatment facility.

http://www.green-edge.com/green-technologies/
Thank you. I liked the way you routed to find the info 👍

BermudaBoy
Grass Type: Tifway 419
Lawn Size: 5500
Mower: Ego 56V Select Cut

Post by BermudaBoy »

I used the 15-3-7 which is PolyPlus urea combined with biosolids. Opening the bag definitely gives off the smell of "success" but it was not nearly as strong as a bag of Milo and after spreading it I didn't smell anything at all as opposed to Milo which I can smell for days. Of course my bag was only 50% biosolids so I"m sure that the smell would have lingered a bit if it was 100% biosolids.