Lawn Care Forum banner

Deep green bermuda?

35K views 39 replies 6 participants last post by  GreenLand 
#1 ·
How are you all achieving a deep green organic lawn? Organic Iron? A bud bought a bag of organic iron and said the store says it will last 2 weeks between applications. I am currently using https://maestro-gro.com/
With excellent results in quality of lawn, bush, flower and most importantly veggies. But Im wanting to see how much deeper green the lawn can get.
Thank you for your time.

#5 ·
GreenLand said:
I mixed corn gluten meal in with the lawn fert and rose glo. Then I have been spraying the yard with the microbial. Turned out great. Just wondering how much darker the lawn can get.

I guess everyone's all about synthetic ferts these days😒😞
I see that you're in the DFW area. Chances are you have a high pH soil. Have you thought about applying granulated sulfur and/or spraying dissolved citric acid? Lowering your pH can help your grass utilize the locked in iron that's already in your soil.

#12 ·
GreenLand said:
I mixed corn gluten meal in with the lawn fert and rose glo. Then I have been spraying the yard with the microbial. Turned out great. Just wondering how much darker the lawn can get.

Where did you get the corn gluten from? Everywhere I look online and find a good/decent price for it, the shipping costs kill me. Are you strictly organic? I'm going to be regrading my lawn and starting from scratch with either tiftuf or Tifgrand. Would love to go the organic route and definitely geek out on looking up organic products and reading information. Just keep hearing it's difficult to go strictly organic with Bermuda

#13 ·
Hi, I have a local feed store " Russell feed", but here is the link to what I have.

https://www.gardenvarietyorganics.com/products/natures-guide-corn-gluten-meal-fine-grind-40-lbs

I am now 100% organic moving forward. I did throw down some high yield weed and feed out front this year, but after putting two and two together seeing my dogs sick after last years weed chem treat in the back there will be no chemicals thrown down in my yard.😏
Not allot here will admit or know but chems kill all the microbes in the soil. The microbes are what naturally fight your typical yard issues. From the countless hours of research IT is my way of life now lol.

Where abouts are ya located that shipping is that bad? Thanks for inquiring.

Kberg84 said:
GreenLand said:

Where did you get the corn gluten from? Everywhere I look online and find a good/decent price for it, the shipping costs kill me. Are you strictly organic? I'm going to be regrading my lawn and starting from scratch with either tiftuf or Tifgrand. Would love to go the organic route and definitely geek out on looking up organic products and reading information. Just keep hearing it's difficult to go strictly organic with Bermuda

#14 ·
I don't think its hard. I do think its a slower to show results then synthetic which may throw folks off. Also the initial smell may as well be a deal breaker. Good thing it only last a few days.
The grass in the pic was hard scalped down to brown a week and a half ago. Then the mix was applied. I used a http://www.watersaber.com/ to get the fert granular down to the dirt. I applied the GARRETT JUICE PRO a few times with https://www.amazon.com/Chapin-International-G6015-Hose-End-Translucent/dp/B08HSGN7LK Once in the soil drench form and twice in the foliar spray.

Here are some of the vids I have come across that helped me learn a good bit. I do not use Molorganite

Kberg84 said:
GreenLand said:

#15 ·
GreenLand said:
Hi, I have a local feed store " Russell feed", but here is the link to what I have.

https://www.gardenvarietyorganics.com/products/natures-guide-corn-gluten-meal-fine-grind-40-lbs

I am now 100% organic moving forward. I did throw down some high yield weed and feed out front this year, but after putting two and two together seeing my dogs sick after last years weed chem treat in the back there will be no chemicals thrown down in my yard.😏
Not allot here will admit or know but chems kill all the microbes in the soil. The microbes are what naturally fight your typical yard issues. From the countless hours of research IT is my way of life now lol.

Kberg84 said:
GreenLand said:

I live in Florida. Yeah, I've done a lot of research as well in regards to going the organic route. I've gone down the rabbit hole once or twice lol on feeding the soil microorganisms, bacteria's, nematodes….
I haven't had much luck finding corn gluten meal locally.

#18 ·
Kberg84 said:
GreenLand said:

Kberg84 said:
I live in Florida. Yeah, I've done a lot of research as well in regards to going the organic route. I've gone down the rabbit hole once or twice lol on feeding the soil microorganisms, bacteria's, nematodes….
Can also use alfalfa feed pellets. I believe it has good micros as well. Go check out Tractor Supply. I see there's one in St. Cloud.

#19 ·
Good deal. I'll add them to the list. Thanks.

Bombers said:
Kberg84 said:
GreenLand said:

Can also use alfalfa feed pellets. I believe it has good micros as well. Go check out Tractor Supply. I see there's one in St. Cloud.

#23 ·
There is a plethora of varying charts and results out there. But nothing beats personal experience and side-by-side comparisons.

I started with TifTuf which is what the builder put in the neighborhood. I removed it and installed Latitude 36 which made my neighbors TifTuf look diseased, even though it was healthy. Then I switched to Celebration and every TifTuf lawn looks scalped compared to mine. It's borderline blue, absolutely the most mesmerizing thing to look at.

I have never seen anything warm or cool seasoned that is even remotely close to Celebration. I'm scared to even attempt iron and any reasonable volumes.

#25 ·
Got any lawn pics? Sounds like a deep green lawn there.

Austinite said:
There is a plethora of varying charts and results out there. But nothing beats personal experience and side-by-side comparisons.

I started with TifTuf which is what the builder put in the neighborhood. I removed it and installed Latitude 36 which made my neighbors TifTuf look diseased, even though it was healthy. Then I switched to Celebration and every TifTuf lawn looks scalped compared to mine. It's borderline blue, absolutely the most mesmerizing thing to look at.

I have never seen anything warm or cool seasoned that is even remotely close to Celebration. I'm scared to even attempt iron and any reasonable volumes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.