New Mower!

Mowers, blowers & other important tools of the trade
Post Reply
Kustrud
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:28 pm
Location: Georgia
Grass Type: Bermuda

New Mower!

Post by Kustrud » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:31 pm

A lot of you have seen my new mower posts after moving to a larger yard. I reel mowed the old house and our yard is now too large. Tried a rider and a couple different walk behind 21" as well. Uneven cut, too much time, etc. Trying to figure out the best of both worlds - nice cut but not having to be in the yard for several hours twice a week. I think I finally found it! Picked this up with 40 hours on the clock today for $1,600! I think I stole it! 2015 Snapper Pro S50 XT with a 36" deck. These retail for around $5k! Gonna test it out tomorrow with some leaf removal!
Image
Last edited by Kustrud on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dacoyne
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 6:12 pm
Location: Southeastern PA Zone 6b
Grass Type: KBG front, back in progress
Lawn Size: 3000sq/ft
Mower: Toro GM 1000 + Echo 21 in. 58v

Re: New Mower!

Post by dacoyne » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:43 pm

You definitely scored! I'm a little jealous you are still able to mow, its gonna be 34 here tomorrow morning. Good luck with the new unit, looks great

Kustrud
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:28 pm
Location: Georgia
Grass Type: Bermuda

Re: New Mower!

Post by Kustrud » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:55 pm

dacoyne wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:43 pm
You definitely scored! I'm a little jealous you are still able to mow, its gonna be 34 here tomorrow morning. Good luck with the new unit, looks great
Thanks! I'm pumped! Will be the last mkw, doesn't need it but I can't not try it haha!

Kustrud
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:28 pm
Location: Georgia
Grass Type: Bermuda

Re: New Mower!

Post by Kustrud » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Here's a better pic!

Image

Image

User avatar
Shindoman
Lawn of the Month
Posts: 280
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:45 pm
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Grass Type: fine fescue/colonial bent
Lawn Size: 2000 sq ft
Mower: Caltrimmer

Re: New Mower!

Post by Shindoman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:24 pm

Nice score!

User avatar
Ware
Site Admin
Posts: 6116
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:56 pm
Location: Alma, Arkansas
Grass Type: Bermuda - Tif 419
Lawn Size: 7,500 sq ft
Mower: Toro GM1600
Contact:

Re: New Mower!

Post by Ware » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:26 pm

Congrats!

User avatar
pennstater2005
Moderator
Posts: 3288
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:16 am
Location: Western PA
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 15,000 sq ft
Mower: Husqvarna YTH18K46

Re: New Mower!

Post by pennstater2005 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:42 pm

I love the compact size. I'm going to go down from a 46" rider and man that fits the bill!
"Perfection, like infinity, is unobtainable, even at places like Augusta. It's the journey toward the goal that holds all the fun, joy, and reward." - dfw_pilot

User avatar
CenlaLowell
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:14 pm
Location: Central Louisiana
Grass Type: St Augustine and Bermuda
Lawn Size: 20,630
Mower: John Deerela115 garden tractor

Re: New Mower!

Post by CenlaLowell » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:22 am

Yeah you scored on this deal. What rider gave you an uneven cut?

@Kustrud
Killing two birds with one stone is the name of the game. :bandit:

Kustrud
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:28 pm
Location: Georgia
Grass Type: Bermuda

Re: New Mower!

Post by Kustrud » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:17 am

CenlaLowell wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:22 am
Yeah you scored on this deal. What rider gave you an uneven cut?

@Kustrud
Well, more so probably just too large a deck (front yard has small slope) - 48" JD Garden Tractor. I cannot believe the maneuverability of this little zero turn. It's built like a small tank too! I think it'll be perfect!

User avatar
Colonel K0rn
Posts: 2407
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:48 am
Location: Rincon, GA (near Savannah)
Grass Type: Royal Bengal Bermuda
Lawn Size: 13k
Mower: Toro GM Flex 21
Contact:

Re: New Mower!

Post by Colonel K0rn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:20 pm

Nice! I bought a 33" ZTR (single blade) about 7 years ago, and have had a few hiccups with it, but the quality of the recent Snapper isn't what I remember growing up.
I tend to edit because I forgot to put something in my post.
CK's 2017 Reno thread
CK's 2018 Lawn Journal

Kustrud
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:28 pm
Location: Georgia
Grass Type: Bermuda

Re: New Mower!

Post by Kustrud » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:36 pm

Colonel K0rn wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:20 pm
Nice! I bought a 33" ZTR (single blade) about 7 years ago, and have had a few hiccups with it, but the quality of the recent Snapper isn't what I remember growing up.
This one is a whole different animal. It's their commercial line - the quality of the machine is unbelievable.

Kustrud
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:28 pm
Location: Georgia
Grass Type: Bermuda

Re: New Mower!

Post by Kustrud » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:36 pm

Cuts so quick and even! Great blade speed! Couldn't be happier!

Yard is basically dormant now, but could not wait to try it out.

Image
Last edited by Kustrud on Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
silvercymbal
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:41 am
Location: Boston
Grass Type: Fine Fescue, Tall Fescue, KGB
Lawn Size: 45000
Mower: Walker - Greensmaster
Contact:

Re: New Mower!

Post by silvercymbal » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:25 pm

Kustrud wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:31 pm
A lot of you have seen my new mower posts after moving to a larger yard. I reel mowed the old house and our yard is now too large. Tried a rider and a couple different walk behind 21" as well. Uneven cut, too much time, etc. Trying to figure out the best of both worlds - nice cut but not having to be in the yard for several hours twice a week. I think I finally found it! Picked this up with 40 hours on the clock today for $1,600! I think I stole it! 2015 Snapper Pro S50 XT with a 36" deck. These retail for around $5k! Gonna test it out tomorrow with some leaf removal!
Image
Looks very heavy duty! Great purchase. New equipment like that is so much fun. Best wishes to you with it.
Dozens of videos on repairs, maintenance, power equipment & landscaping

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/c/SilverCymbal

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/silvercymbal/

#silvercymbal | Do more yourself

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests