Toro Greensmaster & Greensmaster Flex Resources

Mowers, blowers & other important tools of the trade
AVega
Grass Type: Tifway 419
Lawn Size: 4500 sq ft
Mower: Toro Greensmaster Flex 2100

Re: Toro Greensmaster & Greensmaster Flex Resources

Post by AVega »

I just purchased a 2014 Toro Greensmaster Flex 2100 with 600hrs, new bed knife, high hoc kit, and the groomer/verticutter as well. This is my first real reel mower so pardon my ignorance. It had a pretty bad issues with surging idle where you had to leave the choke part way on for it to run when I bought it. I took the carb and gas tank off, removed a TON of debris, and it’s all but alleviated a small bit of surging at the lowest RPMs (maybe cable adjustment can completely remedy this?).

That aside, I’m noticing a rattling sound that starts when you increase the RPMs. It’s very hard to pinpoint exactly where the noise is coming from, but it definitely is coming from center somewhere around the engine and where the gearbox connects. I’ve taken a video and the noise is easily noticed, I played with the throttle in the video and you clearly hear it when the engine revs up. If anyone can help identify what might be causing this and how to remedy it that would be amazing!

Link to video of rattle:

AFBiker2011
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: Emerald zoysia
Lawn Size: 2000 sq ft
Mower: Toro GM1000, Tru-Cut H20

Post by AFBiker2011 »

Maybe the grass shield vibrating. My GM 1000 grass shield rattles at certain rpms and sounds a little similar to that.

rvczoysia
Grass Type: Zoysia
Lawn Size: 5000
Mower: GM1000

Post by rvczoysia »

I have a 2007 GM 1000. Was wondering if anyone else has a problem with exhaust fumes from how to muffler is mounted on the top front? This is my first reel mower so I'm not sure if the mower is running rich or is this just how it is.

FATC1TY
Grass Type: TifTuf Bermuda
Lawn Size: 6000
Mower: GM1600

Post by FATC1TY »

rvczoysia wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:49 am
I have a 2007 GM 1000. Was wondering if anyone else has a problem with exhaust fumes from how to muffler is mounted on the top front? This is my first reel mower so I'm not sure if the mower is running rich or is this just how it is.
Probably running rich, but it is an older motor. Might be worth a carb clean.

rvczoysia
Grass Type: Zoysia
Lawn Size: 5000
Mower: GM1000

Post by rvczoysia »

FATC1TY wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:20 pm
rvczoysia wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:49 am
Probably running rich, but it is an older motor. Might be worth a carb clean.
Thank you

Jay20nj
Grass Type: Mazama KBG
Lawn Size: 4000
Mower: Gm1000 front, honda rot rear

Post by Jay20nj »

AFBiker2011 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:34 pm
Jay20nj wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:30 pm
Does anyone have a gm1000 they use for parts? Looking for the reel drive cover, the groomer arm cover and one of the screws the has the allen head that goes through the groomer arm cover that holds the bearing housing in on the drive pulley side. Photos of the parts... any help is greatly appreciated and i can pay for the parts

Hey @Jay20nj , how did you remove the groomer arm cover, the part with the (2) Allen key bolts? Mine is rusted even worse than yours, and I'd like to replace it. I have the new part, but I cannot get the old one off. I can't get the Allen bolts to loosen. Besides removing the reel belt and the Allen bolts, is that all that is needed to take it off? I've referenced the service manual which has a process for removing the reel, but I'm not sure if all that is needed just to remove the arm cover. I've tried penetrant and rust remover gel. I'm about to get an impact driver Allen bit and use that instead of elbow grease.

@AFBiker2011
To remove stuck allen bolts i cut a slot with a dremel tool and used the attachment to remove screws in the bedknife with the impact gun. Then replace them

AFBiker2011
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: Emerald zoysia
Lawn Size: 2000 sq ft
Mower: Toro GM1000, Tru-Cut H20

Post by AFBiker2011 »

Jay20nj wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:30 am
AFBiker2011 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:34 pm
Jay20nj wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:30 pm
Does anyone have a gm1000 they use for parts? Looking for the reel drive cover, the groomer arm cover and one of the screws the has the allen head that goes through the groomer arm cover that holds the bearing housing in on the drive pulley side. Photos of the parts... any help is greatly appreciated and i can pay for the parts

Hey @Jay20nj , how did you remove the groomer arm cover, the part with the (2) Allen key bolts? Mine is rusted even worse than yours, and I'd like to replace it. I have the new part, but I cannot get the old one off. I can't get the Allen bolts to loosen. Besides removing the reel belt and the Allen bolts, is that all that is needed to take it off? I've referenced the service manual which has a process for removing the reel, but I'm not sure if all that is needed just to remove the arm cover. I've tried penetrant and rust remover gel. I'm about to get an impact driver Allen bit and use that instead of elbow grease.

@AFBiker2011
To remove stuck allen bolts i cut a slot with a dremel tool and used the attachment to remove screws in the bedknife with the impact gun. Then replace them
Thanks

DeltaH2o9
Grass Type: Ture putt creeping bluegrass
Lawn Size: 600sqft
Mower: '14Toro greensmaster flex 2100

Post by DeltaH2o9 »

AVega wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:36 am
I just purchased a 2014 Toro Greensmaster Flex 2100 with 600hrs, new bed knife, high hoc kit, and the groomer/verticutter as well. This is my first real reel mower so pardon my ignorance. It had a pretty bad issues with surging idle where you had to leave the choke part way on for it to run when I bought it. I took the carb and gas tank off, removed a TON of debris, and it’s all but alleviated a small bit of surging at the lowest RPMs (maybe cable adjustment can completely remedy this?).

That aside, I’m noticing a rattling sound that starts when you increase the RPMs. It’s very hard to pinpoint exactly where the noise is coming from, but it definitely is coming from center somewhere around the engine and where the gearbox connects. I’ve taken a video and the noise is easily noticed, I played with the throttle in the video and you clearly hear it when the engine revs up. If anyone can help identify what might be causing this and how to remedy it that would be amazing!

Link to video of rattle:
Nice mower! Mine had a similar rattling sound. If I remember right it was just a nut on the throttle housing or something like that. Nothing internal. Hope yours is the same.