Lawn Care Forum banner

Landzie & Swardman

7K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  littlehuman 
#1 ·
Hello,

As many of you are aware, Landzie has partnered with Swardman to bring premium reel mowers to the US & Canada. Please see the press release below regarding this partnership. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

https://landzie.com/swardman/registration-before-october-2021/

Landzie Industries is thrilled to announce an exciting step forward in our relationship with Swardman. From this point forward, we will now be the exclusive representative and distributor of any and all Swardman products within the United States. We are looking forward to cultivating rapport with current and future customers, growing with the Swardman team, and working with an incredible range of world class reel mowers.

With this in mind, we want to stress to all current Swardman owners that despite the origin of your original purchase, Landzie will be handling all warranty claims and maintenance issues moving forward. Within the next few weeks, we will be equipped with the comprehensive line of parts and accessories for all Swardman products, rendering us capable to fix all reel mowers within the Swardman line. In addition, we will have a reel sharpening service in place that will be available to all customers.

Landzie has been working in conjunction with Reel Rollers in order to assure this transition be as seamless as possible, and we are sincerely appreciative for all of the assistance Lee has provided thus far. However, we do appreciate your patience and understanding as this will still be a transition and learning curve on our end nonetheless. Rest assured, despite this transition, we strive to provide the highest caliber customer service at Landzie, as our customers and their satisfaction always come first. We guarantee that you will be in good hands and that we will continue to maintain the excellent customer service that we currently strive to provide.

We are honored for this incredible opportunity and are looking forward to continuing to serve our valued customers, old and new. Once again, we are immensely thankful for Lee's continued support and efforts throughout the duration of this process. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.

In addition, for any pre-existing Swardman owners, even if you did not purchase your mower through Landzie, we would love to further assist you! Use the link below to register for further communication, support, and updates related to your Edwin or Electra Reel Mower.

https://landzie.com/swardman/registration-before-october-2021/

See less See more
#8 ·
NHlawn00 said:
Are there any new models coming out for 2023?
They are doing things. I don't know if we'll see version updates to the current models but they are opening a US location this fall and showed off a prototype of a 95 model. https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0Vz5t7uqbb5vPNNP7Qw1ASDXxme9pSNAxJwT8nzBuszPVxTXbcdZLrzJyTMhihayNl&id=1209562385778392

#9 ·
eschulist said:
NHlawn00 said:
They are doing things. I don't know if we'll see version updates to the current models but they are opening a US location this fall and showed off a prototype of a 95 model. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0Vz5t7uqbb5vPNNP7Qw1ASDXxme9pSNAxJwT8nzBuszPVxTXbcdZLrzJyTMhihayNl&id=1209562385778392
Wow 🤩 95cm model would be HUGE (no pun intended). I'm going to have tons of yard to mow next year.. I started manual reel mowing my front to 1 inch and that lower mowing is addicting.

#12 ·
atticus said:
What happened to the Swardman US store? I thought it was supposed to launch on 9.1?
Their main page says the US Online store is going live in Sept. No actual hard date in Sept. The press release for their physical location also just mentions they are building the store in Johnson City, TN. No date is mentioned as to when that opens. It could even be the spring. *shrug*

https://www.swardman.com/en/swardman-enters-the-us-market/

#14 ·
eschulist said:
NHlawn00 said:
They are doing things. I don't know if we'll see version updates to the current models but they are opening a US location this fall and showed off a prototype of a 95 model. https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0Vz5t7uqbb5vPNNP7Qw1ASDXxme9pSNAxJwT8nzBuszPVxTXbcdZLrzJyTMhihayNl&id=1209562385778392
95 cm is 37.4 inches. :shock:

Here's a photo for those without Facebook...

#15 ·
eschulist said:
atticus said:
What happened to the Swardman US store? I thought it was supposed to launch on 9.1?
Their main page says the US Online store is going live in Sept. No actual hard date in Sept. The press release for their physical location also just mentions they are building the store in Johnson City, TN. No date is mentioned as to when that opens. It could even be the spring. *shrug*

https://www.swardman.com/en/swardman-enters-the-us-market/
Sorry, I thought about it more and realized I was referring to an email with swardman, not public information.

#20 ·
atticus said:
Happy to finally snag a groomer for 20% off though.
Same here, but having to go to my branch to send payment to them (first-time wire transfer) is a bit of a PITA. Shouldn't be that hard for them to set up a Shopify or something, right? Maybe they jumped the gun on opening their store - being able to easily/simply take payments seems like kind of a first step...

#21 ·
littlehuman said:
atticus said:
Same here, but having to go to my branch to send payment to them (first-time wire transfer) is a bit of a PITA. Shouldn't be that hard for them to set up a Shopify or something, right? Maybe they jumped the gun on opening their store - being able to easily/simply take payments seems like kind of a first step...
Where is the link for payment? I went through all 4 steps, had a confirmation of purchase and was told I'll be notified when it ship.

#22 ·
LawnDetail said:
littlehuman said:
atticus said:
Where is the link for payment? I went through all 4 steps, had a confirmation of purchase and was told I'll be notified when it ship.
Sorry never mind. I reread your post.

#23 ·
littlehuman said:
atticus said:
Agreed. Simple online commerce solutions are absolutely everywhere these days. Major misstep IMO. Guess it didn't stop me though haha.

#24 ·
95cm is like 37 inches. A mower that size would really only be useful for applications like sports fields. They mentioned this machine to me several years ago, so it has been in the works for a while.

Agree on the payment method. It is not difficult to get set up to accept credit card payments.

#25 ·
Just some FYI - I reached out to Swardman and asked if they have any other (normal) method of accepting payment at this time, or if they would be willing to honor the discount until a point when they're set up to recieve them.

Response:

"Thank you very much for your email and your order. The possible payment terms are at the moment only through bank-wire transfer. We are working on the other payment methods but it will take the little time when it gets through so please be so kind and try to pay through bank-wire transfer at this time.. The prices below [discounted prices] are set up with the promo code discount it is not possible to postpone or to retain the prices. Please be so kind and try to pay through the bank-wire transfer..

Thank you very muich for your patience and your feedback."
Definitely appears they jumped the gun with opening the online US store. I'm not entirely surprised at the response, as I'm guessing the discount exists solely because they're not set up to recieve payments and they're trying to entice some folks to use wire transfer in exchange for the promo. Unfortunate, as I was going to pick up a groomer and brush cartridge, but I'm canceling my order. I'm trying my hardest to enjoy my Swardman for the Swiss army knife that it's supposed to be, but they've been having a rough time in the states up until now and I believe it's negatively affecting their bottom line.

#26 ·
littlehuman said:
Just some FYI - I reached out to Swardman and asked if they have any other (normal) method of accepting payment at this time, or if they would be willing to honor the discount until a point when they're set up to recieve them.

Response:

"Thank you very much for your email and your order. The possible payment terms are at the moment only through bank-wire transfer. We are working on the other payment methods but it will take the little time when it gets through so please be so kind and try to pay through bank-wire transfer at this time.. The prices below [discounted prices] are set up with the promo code discount it is not possible to postpone or to retain the prices. Please be so kind and try to pay through the bank-wire transfer..

Thank you very muich for your patience and your feedback."
Definitely appears they jumped the gun with opening the online US store. I'm not entirely surprised at the response, as I'm guessing the discount exists solely because they're not set up to recieve payments and they're trying to entice some folks to use wire transfer in exchange for the promo. Unfortunate, as I was going to pick up a groomer and brush cartridge, but I'm canceling my order. I'm trying my hardest to enjoy my Swardman for the Swiss army knife that it's supposed to be, but they've been having a rough time in the states up until now and I believe it's negatively affecting their bottom line.
do you chalk it up to growing pains?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.