Lawn Care Forum banner

Finally found new lawn shoes

12K views 36 replies 22 participants last post by  Gibby 
#1 ·
Finally settled on the ideal pair of lawn shoes, in my opinion. Adidas Outdoor Terrex Swift R2 GTX. I've had a pair of these in the non-GoreTex version for mountain biking for the past 3-4 years, and they're still holding up like new. I've always just worn a pair of old gym shoes to mow, and never bought new shoes just to get them dirty and grass-stained, but since I started doing my own spraying, was having an issue with products/chemicals soaking my shoes and socks. Tried the Rustoleum Never Wet spray on shoes I already had, but didn't work at all.

These have a rubber toe, a sturdy sole, and are waterproof. Lacing "system" is awesome too - no more tying the laces, just synch them up and go! Looked at the Kujo shoes, but they're more of a high-top than I prefer, and I like the laces on the Adidas, which are about the cheapest pair of GoreTex shoes I found, other than getting lucky with other pairs that might be on sale. I definitely recommend them for anyone looking to replace their old shoes this year.

See less See more
#4 ·
crussell said:
Nice!

I need to get some new yard shoes, I like the look of these - I'm like you, old gym shoes, or these are actually what I wear when I spray. They are a waterproof winter golf shoe that Adidas makes with the ratcheting laces haha.

I LOVE the BOA system, I have it on a few of my golf shoes(That I don't use anymore :D ). I'm sure those are great shoes for the yard but I would stay away from shoes with replaceable cleats as you wouldn't have very good traction on hard surfaces like concrete or asphalt.

#5 ·
Mightyquinn said:
crussell said:
Nice!

I need to get some new yard shoes, I like the look of these - I'm like you, old gym shoes, or these are actually what I wear when I spray. They are a waterproof winter golf shoe that Adidas makes with the ratcheting laces haha.

I LOVE the BOA system, I have it on a few of my golf shoes(That I don't use anymore :D ). I'm sure those are great shoes for the yard but I would stay away from shoes with replaceable cleats as you wouldn't have very good traction on hard surfaces like concrete or asphalt.
I don't worry about that too much - My tee shots often follow the cart path, so I'm used to walking on paved surfaces. I wish these shoes touched more fairways!

#8 ·
daniel3507 said:
You guys are making me rethink the Crocs I use in the lawn.
Crocs: The ultimate in lawn-care footware.

Its what I wear the most, unless Im doing some serious brush trimming.
They are perfect for applying chemicals and what not, because they clean up so nicely.

AND! You dont have to tie any laces or anything. Slip-and-go.

But those Adidas look nice too for actual work. Really want to try something like that.

#9 ·
While the crocs certainly clean up easily, my previous shoes always left me with a case of smurf feet every time I used marking dye, so I assume the crocs don't prevent that either :)

@crussell same here on the tee shots... if there's water on the hole, the only "shoes" that are going to help me are these:

#17 ·
I've only been using Sloggers for all my outdoor stuff, now i dont have to worry about spray on my feet, or grass/mud stains on my shoes. They are basically rubber shoes and are comfortable enough to walk around in, a quick rinse under the hose and they are clean. I like that they arent tied shoes so i can slip them on and off quickly if i need to go in and out of the house.

https://www.amazon.com/Sloggers-Premium-Garden-Black-261BK11/dp/B000QGZHO2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1547580288&sr=8-2&keywords=mens+sloggers

#20 ·
This is what I wear:

https://www.keenfootwear.com/p/M-DETROIT-XT-MID-ST-WP.html?dwvar_M-DETROIT-XT-MID-ST-WP_color=1020086&cgid=

Fully waterproof, steel toe. I also put this wax stuff on there they sold me at boot barn to help keep them chemical resistant.

#25 ·
Pete1313 said:
Who is going to be the first one to rock a pair of these when mowing???

Nike Air Max 1 Golf 'Grass' sneakers

BTW - I thought I was doing a good job tracking the release of these. I would check the Nike Upcoming Releases page daily, only to find out you needed to have the Nike App to see the release.

Long story short, they were released weeks ago, sold out, and now they are $300+ online... I really wanted a pair for my Masters party.

#26 ·
crussell said:
Pete1313 said:
Who is going to be the first one to rock a pair of these when mowing???

Nike Air Max 1 Golf 'Grass' sneakers

BTW - I thought I was doing a good job tracking the release of these. I would check the Nike Upcoming Releases page daily, only to find out you needed to have the Nike App to see the release.

Long story short, they were released weeks ago, sold out, and now they are $300+ online... I really wanted a pair for my Masters party.
They would also go well with a Grinch outfit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.