Lawn Care Forum banner

Chapin 97902 24V Push Sprayer

337K views 1K replies 151 participants last post by  CoachTooz 
#1 ·
Update: Looks like they have changed the model number from 97900 to 97902.

I ran across something I had not see before while doing some research for another thread... the Chapin 97902 24V Push Sprayer. I'm having a hard time finding someone who has it in stock, but it looks like it is priced around $300.

It looks like it has some great specs:

- Uses a 24V Li-ion battery for up to 1.75 hours of continuous spraying
- Has a single nozzle boom arm that can be positioned left, center or right
- Has both boom and spot spraying functionality
- Has a 12 gallon tank capacity with what looks to be a relatively low center of gravity
- The 40psi operating pressure falls neatly on nozzle performance charts

For anyone considering an Earthway push sprayer, I would probably look into the price/availability of these. It seems to solve many of the complaints I had with the S15, while maintaining an attractive price point.

For a BOM on how to do edits/improvements to this system look at this post.

See less See more
#3 ·
Ware said:
I'm having a hard time finding someone who has it in stock, but it looks like it is priced around $200.
I called Chapin today to ask about an issue that I had with my 2 gal pump sprayer. I asked about this unit and she said that it is going to go on sale within the next 2 months or so. Like you said, it does look like it solves many of the issues that have been discussed on the Earthway units. Plus it looks like it is going to be about half of the price.

BTW... most of you know this but in case there is anyone who does not, Chapin has great customer service.

#4 ·
SGrabs33 said:
Ware said:
I'm having a hard time finding someone who has it in stock, but it looks like it is priced around $200.
I called Chapin today to ask about an issue that I had with my 2 gal pump sprayer. I asked about this unit and she said that it is going to go on sale within the next 2 months or so. Like you said, it does look like it solves many of the issues that have been discussed on the Earthway units. Plus it looks like it is going to be about half of the price.

BTW... most of you know this but in case there is anyone who does not, Chapin has great customer service.
Excellent news. Glad to hear it is hard to find because it is new. :thumbup:

I was really impressed with the innovation/price point of their 63985 20V Backpack Sprayer. They seem to be turning out some great products.

#5 ·
This seems like a really nice entry level sprayer or for smaller lawns. I hope someone gets there hands on one as I would like to hear a review on it. I kind of don't like that the boom only goes on the left or right as you would have to do concentric circles to apply anything.

#6 ·
Mightyquinn said:
This seems like a really nice entry level sprayer or for smaller lawns. I hope someone gets there hands on one as I would like to hear a review on it. I kind of don't like that the boom only goes on the left or right as you would have to do concentric circles to apply anything.
I agree. It looks like it solves all the things I didn't like about my S15.

They don't show it operating in the center configuration in the video, but it looks like there are three pin hole positions for the boom arm - left/center/right:

They also mention the 3 positions in the item description:

#7 ·
Ware said:
Mightyquinn said:
I agree. It looks like it solves all the things I didn't like about my S15.

They don't show it operating in the center configuration in the video, but it looks like there are three pin hole positions for the boom arm - left/center/right:

They also mention the 3 positions in the item description:

Good catch!! I didn't see that!! I wonder if the pump is strong enough to add a nozzle or two to the setup?

#9 ·
Ware said:
Mightyquinn said:
Good catch!! I didn't see that!! I wonder if the pump is strong enough to add a nozzle or two to the setup?
I wondered the same thing. If they used something like an 04 red nozzle, you could technically downsize to an 02 yellow and run two with the same GPM.
Is the pump located in the tank?

#15 ·
southernguy311 said:
This unit would actually allow me to spray my property on one tank vs filling the backpack twice. I prefer going E2W and then N2S when spraying Fe or N to absolutely ensure uniformity due to OCD. I don't worry about cross paths when spraying PreM or micros
12 gallons is great. I think my Gregson-Clark is only 9 gallons.

#19 ·
CH3NO2 said:
Any sense of what nozzle setup comes with this sprayer? Is it easily converted to teejet products? I'm ready to retire my S25 sprayer. Debating between this and the Gregson Clark Spreader Mate for 22k of turf.
It looks like the nozzle body would probably accept TeeJet tips. That said, for 22k ft2 I would lean toward toward the Spreader-Mate with the 4-nozzle boom if your budget allows.

#25 ·
Ware said:
southernguy311 said:
Wow, fantastic price. I can't wait until someone here has one of these.
I'm going to go ahead and pop on one. Supervisor of mine needs some serious help with their 8k lawn so I'm going to "help them out" by purchasing one along with a bottle of celcius.

Paying it forward to someone who has jumped through hoops for me and reviewing the unit all at once. Going to be a big win all around.