Landscaping, trees, shrubs, ornamentals & hardscapes
Topic Author
Laite
Grass Type: Kentucky Bluegrasses
Lawn Size: 10 square feets
Mower: John Deere

Flagpole advice

Post by Laite »

I'm looking for a flagpole for my yard. I have a place locally that sells them where I can pick it up. It seems a little pricey but I'm sure the quality is good. Just wondering if there are more reasonably priced options for what I'm looking for in a residential flag pole. Im looking at a 20' pole. What can you say about this https://greatyardmaster.com/best-residential-flag-pole/? Thanks.
Last edited by Laite on Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Saint Louisan
Grass Type: Zoysia
Lawn Size: 1/3 acre
Mower: Troybilt 33" mulcher

Re: Flagpole advice

Post by Saint Louisan »

Do what lots of fine Americans do and head to harbor freight for a $20-$40 model shipped directly from china!

Seriously their flag pole is highly rated, silly simple and 18' I believe. Says it'll support a 3'x5'.

I've got one but haven't dug it in yet, hoping to remove a Bradford pear and get some low voltage lights going before I place the pole.

Still learnin
Grass Type: Fescue/Bermuda/Weeds
Lawn Size: 76,000 sq/ft
Mower: Dixie Chopper

Post by Still learnin »

Will you be placing it where it will get much wind? If so, I recommend spending a little money. I’ve gone through 3 in 4 years because of the wind. I didn’t know I lived in a wind tunnel until I got the flagpole. Only reason I haven’t upgraded is because it’s in my landscaping and I don’t want to dig the sleeve up. I cannot remember the diameter but it’s middle of the road as far as flagpoles go. The gauge is also middle of the road. If you go that route, I’ve found that a PVC pipe helps the rigidity.
I’ll eventually upgrade but I’m not sure what I’ll go with.

HoosierLawnGnome
Grass Type: Blueberry KBG, T1 Bentgrass
Lawn Size: 1.4 Acres
Mower: Toro Reelmaster 3100D, GM 1000

Post by HoosierLawnGnome »

My FIL just put in one of those telescoping poles with a solar light on the top. He can't do half-staff for some reason on his, but it's easy for him to maintain the flag and light.

Still learnin
Grass Type: Fescue/Bermuda/Weeds
Lawn Size: 76,000 sq/ft
Mower: Dixie Chopper

Post by Still learnin »

HoosierLawnGnome wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:35 am
My FIL just put in one of those telescoping poles with a solar light on the top. He can't do half-staff for some reason on his, but it's easy for him to maintain the flag and light.
I almost went with a telescoping pole but my concern was half staff. Deal breaker for me.