Lawn Care Forum banner

Ware's Landscape Lighting Project 2.0

29K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  Ware 
#1 ·
#28 ·
Friday evening I came home to find my landscape lighting system off. The circuit breaker inside the transformer enclosure was tripped.

I was a little down about it, but the Clamp-Connect Transformer and Pro Junction Hubs helped simplify the troubleshooting process. I started by unclamping all four of my runs from the transformer and then reconnected them one at a time to determine which leg/zone was tripping the breaker. Then I did the same thing at that hub - disconnecting all of the lights wired to the hub, then reconnecting them one at a time.

Using that process I was able to trace the issue down to one spotlight. I couldn't find any physical damage to the cable between that spotlight and the hub, so I swapped the bulb from a known good spotlight in another zone. It worked, so the diagnosis was a bad bulb. Volt Lighting has a lifetime warranty on their LED bulbs, so I called them and they are sending me a new one. They said it should arrive in 1-2 days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.