Sink In The Garage Thread - Show Us Your Setup

How you relax when the work is done
FlowRider
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: ~17000 sq. ft.
Mower: John Deere X350 and Honda HRX

Sink In The Garage Thread - Show Us Your Setup

Post by FlowRider » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:48 pm

For those of you who were wise enough or lucky enough to have a sink in your garage, please show us your setup.

I have the plumbing in place to put a sink in my garage, because I had it installed when we built the house.

I injured my knee the week we moved in, and I have not installed my sink as of yet. Tons of stuff now in the way....

I have the standard setup - hot and cold water shutoffs, PVC drain stubbed out, but no sink or plumbing in, yet.

I have considered the basic large tub laundry sink on legs type, primarily because they are simple and low cost.

I have all the skills needed to plumb it, or to stick build one from the ground up, including cutting & setting tiles, etc.

Just curious what some of the forum memberships' setup in their garages, shops, man caves, taverns, pubs, etc.

Of course, if you can post pictures, that would be really beneficial to forum members. So, please post pictures...! :nod:

440mag
Grass Type: Blend tall fescues
Lawn Size: 30,000
Mower: JD X580

Re: Sink In The Garage Thread - Show Us Your Setup

Post by 440mag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:32 pm

Following this thread with high interest - I have a plumbed in area in a location I intend to put a workshop!
When it comes to everything, anytime I edit anything it is always because I forgot something! ;)

JasonRMorrow
Grass Type: KBG
Lawn Size: 1600
Mower: HRR216P

Post by JasonRMorrow » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:46 pm

Had a plastic tub put in when I had this house built less than a year ago. Then I added Newage cabinets, found a deep stainless sink on clearance for $100 and finally committed enough to cut a hole in my Shark workbench. The lower cabinet door is just a piece of plywood wrapped with gloss black vinyl. Pretty good match, behind the door is a hose with hot and cold water, I also had a floor drain added. Love it, use it everyday to wash up after work.

dfw_pilot
Site Admin
Lawn Size: 5,000 ft²
Mower: Sigh, back to rotary.

Post by dfw_pilot » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:01 pm

Wow, nice. :thumbup:
The Bermuda Triangle | Sprayer Wand | Invest for Retirement | PWS
- A clear conscience is a great pillow -

FlowRider
Lawn Size: ~17000 sq. ft.
Mower: John Deere X350 and Honda HRX

Post by FlowRider » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:03 am

@JasonRMorrow

That is a superb looking bench and sink setup. It looks almost like a doctor's office, or veterinarian clinic setup!

I would like to get a stainless steel sink but I want one deep enough to clean grill grates in; big bucks to buy new.

Appreciate your response and picture - exactly what I was hoping for, and inspiring for those who are interested!

JasonRMorrow
Grass Type: KBG
Lawn Size: 1600
Mower: HRR216P

Post by JasonRMorrow » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:43 am

Thank you guys, Well that was pretty much install day. It was about $2100 Canadian shipped to my door. And I'll be able to take them with me if I move.

I looked at stainless freestanding sinks as well. Around the $400 range for a Trinity brand here in Canada at Costco or Amazon. Comes with the faucet too.

Once it's loaded up it's not quite as "pristine". But cabinets keep the clutter hidden which I like.

Last edited by JasonRMorrow on Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ware
Site Admin
Lawn Size: 7,500 sq ft
Mower: Toro GM1600

Post by Ware » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:02 pm

That Trinity sink looks nice. I prefer that look over the plastic laundry sinks. It looks like they run about $285 here in the U.S.

Shindoman
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: fine fescue/colonial bent
Lawn Size: 2000 sq ft
Mower: Dennis FT510

Post by Shindoman » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:10 am

DiggingHoles
Grass Type: PRG, KBG
Lawn Size: 7,500
Mower: Honda HRX217HYA

Post by DiggingHoles » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:57 am

Last house I had a stainless sink but didn’t like how it showed so much wear over time. At our current house I went with a Blanco granite sink instead. Holding up well to lawn chemicals and no scratches.