Cool season grasses like Kentucky Bluegrass, Fescue & Rye
Bermuda_Newbie
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: Celebration
Lawn Size: 2500 sq ft
Mower: Swardman Electra 18"

Re: To much to handle.

Post by Bermuda_Newbie »

This makes me feel so much better about the mess than I received with my "new" house. Thanks for that. It all puts it in perspective. I'm on year two of a multi-phase landscape. The only difference is I can't do it myself so at this point, I'm about 30k in. My issue was trees. The previous owner was apparently trying to fit a forest on a half-acre. Trees are not cheap to take down when you are paying someone. Good luck with your car hunt!

Old Hickory
Grass Type: Black Beauty Tall Fescue
Lawn Size: 2,200 sq ft.
Mower: Ryobi 40V rotary push mower

Post by Old Hickory »

I would invite American Pickers over and let them go through it first.

ABC123
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: Bewitched
Lawn Size: 8,000
Mower: 220SL GM1000

Post by ABC123 »

looks like you have a tractor with a front end loader in the back? if so you could get most of it cleaned up with a few $150 dumpsters and a backblade.
2020 Lawn Journal: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19312

2018 Reno/New house: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5500

Topic Author
Deke
Grass Type: Mix
Lawn Size: 2800
Mower: Kobalt electric push

Post by Deke »

ABC123 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:22 pm
looks like you have a tractor with a front end loader in the back? if so you could get most of it cleaned up with a few $150 dumpsters and a backblade.
I have taken out 4 40 yard dumpsters already. Broke the tractor twice. It’s just a small kubota with a back blade on it. Fun to drive through the blackberries. That’s how we “found” the cars

Topic Author
Deke

Post by Deke »

Bermuda_Newbie wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:58 pm
This makes me feel so much better about the mess than I received with my "new" house. Thanks for that. It all puts it in perspective. I'm on year two of a multi-phase landscape. The only difference is I can't do it myself so at this point, I'm about 30k in. My issue was trees. The previous owner was apparently trying to fit a forest on a half-acre. Trees are not cheap to take down when you are paying someone. Good luck with your car hunt!

I feel your pain. We had 16 trees dropped already. 6 were so close to the house they had rubbed most of the shingles off the roof. The previous owner was a master gardener so she had some cool plants. She just let them go once she got sick.

Topic Author
Deke

Post by Deke »

Update- We just got our siding and deck bid back which came in cheaper than we had originally thought. So that will make the “house” completely remodeled. And we will hopefully have enough left over for a few weeks of excavator rental. 😀

ABC123
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: Bewitched
Lawn Size: 8,000
Mower: 220SL GM1000

Post by ABC123 »

Deke wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:25 pm
Update- We just got our siding and deck bid back which came in cheaper than we had originally thought. So that will make the “house” completely remodeled. And we will hopefully have enough left over for a few weeks of excavator rental. 😀
Awesome to hear, Keep us updated!
2020 Lawn Journal: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19312

2018 Reno/New house: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5500

Butter
Grass Type: TTTF
Lawn Size: 5K
Mower: Vintage Snapper 21" HIVAC

Post by Butter »

@Deke Think of the before and after pics!

DbShep
Grass Type: KBG, Selectus Tournament Bent
Lawn Size: 1.5 acres
Mower: Kubota, Toro 1000, Jac Eclipse

Post by DbShep »

I imagine your neighbors are going to be very happy to see this cleaned up.

Topic Author
Deke

Post by Deke »

DbShep wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:32 pm
I imagine your neighbors are going to be very happy to see this cleaned up.

The neighbors are all retired people. So they are over here all the time. The lady we bought the house from got very sick the last couple of years and her husband got put in assisted living. They are all very excited to have a young family in the area, but sad that the old owner passed. They have all been very helpful so far. While we were remodeling the house I was out back burning a pile of brush and had one of them walking around in the house for over an hour looking at it before I realized someone was there. We had exposed wiring, holes in the subfloor, windows out, and Sheetrock half hanging on. Not to mention the hundreds if not thousands of nails on the floors and in the 2x4 framing. And she was doing all of this with her walker. I couldn’t even be mad