Lawn Care Forum banner

Intro and fert question

390 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Cobainn 
#1 ·
Hello everyone My name is David and I live in San Joaquin county California. Im new to the forums and I also have a 2 month old 500 square foot sod project of KBG/dwarf tall fescue. Most of it seems to be doing pretty good but there are some sad looking parts. A couple spots were burned from starter fert when laying the sod. I think a lot of other spots are pee damage. And two of the corners of my lawn I don't know what's going on. I just seems to be dying. I think I watered three times a day for two weeks and watered two times a day for a few weeks then went down to 3-4 times a week the last 2 or three weeks. Today I just applied my first applications of root Hume and root food 16-4-8 simple lawn solutions. My issue is I used the hose sprayer and doing a quick water I used up 3/4 of the bottle and doing an even faster spray of the lawn food i used 1/2 a bottle. (32 oz hose end sprayer bottles) I hope that doesn't hurt the lawn 🤦🏽. Definitely going to be looking for a backpack sprayer now. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like your dog is having a piss party back there. Where you do have grass it looks really good and healthy. You're going to have to re seed those areas I would also moving forward have a watering can or hose ready and water the spot where the dog goes to flush the urine or it's going to be a ongoing issue

#3 ·
M32075 said:
I would also moving forward have a watering can or hose ready and water the spot where the dog goes to flush the urine or it's going to be a ongoing issue
Yeah haha I have a couple dogs. I try to flush it when I see it. Until I get them to use the side yard.

The last picture is my lawn sank so I need to add soil anyways and do a reseed. Just need to wait a little bit I already re-seeded a couple spots

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.