Lawn Care Forum banner

Canadian elite grass seed in small erquantities

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Canadian Content 
#1 ·
Hello

I have been searching for grass seed to purchase online in Canada. The best I've been able to find our offerings from Speare, OSC turf, and manderley. the first two offer the best around, but are only available in 55 pound bags. the smaller bags from all three companies is what what I would call "close to elite". Brett young and DLF are options to if we can get them but also 55 pound bags.

I have some areas with heavy shade which I will use some of the fine fescue's. but in the areas that have more sun, I would like to use a mix of shady tolerance of fine fescue, KBG and self repairing BB perennial ryegrass. I would consider buying individual varieties if they did come in small quantities, and mixing myself.

does anyone know where Smaller quantity bags are available? if anyone lives in the GTA and want something similar in smaller quantities, maybe we can do a group buy and split a large bag. splitting seed is a stretch but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I would like to point out that OSC, speare offers their sun and shade mix which is a great composition, but not the cultivars and looking for.

-CC

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm in Waterloo. OSC sold me 9 pounds blended kbg. Award (good for shade), Jackpot, and I think midnight.
Hogan seeds (USA) sent me 50 pounds of their tttf blend (all ntep scores for our area).

I was initially going to do 100% tttf that's why I didn't have Hogan send me a blend. So I'm making my own with what OSC offers. 90% tttf 10% kbg.
Hogans we're great and guided me on selections from OSC.

#5 ·
MiloSmilo said:
I'm in Waterloo. OSC sold me 9 pounds blended kbg. Award (good for shade), Jackpot, and I think midnight.
Hogan seeds (USA) sent me 50 pounds of their tttf blend (all ntep scores for our area).

I was initially going to do 100% tttf that's why I didn't have Hogan send me a blend. So I'm making my own with what OSC offers. 90% tttf 10% kbg.
Hogan shipped you seed from the states into Canada?

#7 ·
SNOWBOB11 said:
MiloSmilo said:

Hogan shipped you seed from the states into Canada?
I wish It wasn't so difficult to get the cultivars we want in Canada

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.