Cool season grasses like Kentucky Bluegrass, Fescue & Rye
Topic Author
Deke
Grass Type: Mix
Lawn Size: 2800
Mower: Kobalt electric push

Barenburg prg and kbg

Post by Deke »

My local farm supply store has a few 50lb bags of barenburg kbg and prg that I am thinking about grabbing for overseed/ new seeding. Bag says it has zero weed seed and is only 90 dollars per bag. If I look online the same bag is 220. It doesn’t say what the variety is, just says “barenburg kbg”. Has anyone used barenburg seed? Is it decent? I’m not looking for perfection this year or next really; just need grass to cover my dirt at this point.

VALawnNoob
Grass Type: TTTF
Lawn Size: 20k
Mower: Toro

Re: Barenburg prg and kbg

Post by VALawnNoob »

Deke wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:00 am
My local farm supply store has a few 50lb bags of barenburg kbg and prg that I am thinking about grabbing for overseed/ new seeding. Bag says it has zero weed seed and is only 90 dollars per bag. If I look online the same bag is 220. It doesn’t say what the variety is, just says “barenburg kbg”. Has anyone used barenburg seed? Is it decent? I’m not looking for perfection this year or next really; just need grass to cover my dirt at this point.
If it doesn't tell you what cultivar it has then I would take a picture, post here for advice and also call Barenburg to verify what they recognize from the label you have.