Lawn Care Forum banner

N-Ext Products

48K views 187 replies 60 participants last post by  Jay20nj 
#1 ·
How often should you use these products?
I have the Air-8, RGS & Humic Acid.
I've applied the Air-8 once a month so far and applied the others just two weeks ago.

#127 ·
Methodical said:
gpbrown60 said:
iFisch3224 said:
Interesting -

Curious how this compares price-wise - ingredient-wise, it looks like a direct competitor to RGS.
I just called my local Lesco and it is $134 a gallon.
gp
Is that the homeowner or business price?

FYI. It's only 2 Oz per gallon, per 1k sq', so it may be a challenger, but I have not done the math yet.
RGS is 3oz/1k - but I tend to use 6oz/1k.

4 gal of RGS is $95 shipped I believe.

#128 ·
Methodical said:
gpbrown60 said:
iFisch3224 said:
Interesting -

Curious how this compares price-wise - ingredient-wise, it looks like a direct competitor to RGS.
gp

FYI. It's only 2 Oz per gallon, per 1k sq', so it may be a challenger, but I have not done the math yet.
Homeowner price and it's (2) oz per 1,000 sq. ft. for the first application followed by (1) oz per 1,000 sq. ft. per month or every time fertilizer is applied
I have 10K square feet of lawn so:
RGS at 3oz per K = 4.3 applications for $88 (free shipping) or $20+ an application
Lesco at 2 oz per K, then 1 oz afterward = 11.8 applications for $134 (local pickup)or $11+ an application

I think I did that correctly. I guess the proof is in the results!

#130 ·
gpbrown60 said:
Methodical said:
gpbrown60 said:
gp

Homeowner price and it's (2) oz per 1,000 sq. ft. for the first application followed by (1) oz per 1,000 sq. ft. per month or every time fertilizer is applied
RGS at 3oz per K = 4.3 applications for $88 (free shipping) or $20+ an application
Lesco at 2 oz per K, then 1 oz afterward = 11.8 applications for $134 (local pickup)or $11+ an application

My math is a little different. Maybe I'm wrong?

5 gallons RGS = 640oz ($5 off coupon - cousineddie)

https://thelawncarenut.com/collections/soil-optimization/products/n-ext-rgs-5-gallon

10k sq/ft lawn @ 3oz per application = 30oz RGS

At 30oz of RGS per app - you get 21.33 applications in 640oz (5 gallons), or 21 applications.

$100 divided by 21 applications $4.76/application.

RGS is 2.31x cheaper then Lesco's product @ Homeowner pricing.

#131 ·
iFisch3224 said:
gpbrown60 said:
Methodical said:

https://thelawncarenut.com/collections/soil-optimization/products/n-ext-rgs-5-gallon

At 30oz of RGS per app - you get 21.33 applications in 640oz (5 gallons), or 21 applications.

He is doing the math for 1 gallon to make a direct comparison to 1 gallon of the Lesco product. Actually, he will get 12.8 applications (128/10) and his cost will be $10.47 per application (134/12.8).

#132 ·
Methodical said:
iFisch3224 said:
gpbrown60 said:

He is doing the math for 1 gallon to make a direct comparison to 1 gallon of the Lesco product. Actually, he will get 12.8 applications (128/10) and his cost will be $10.47 per application (134/12.8).
But the cost of 1 gallon of RGS is NOT $88. So the math is still wrong..

At the end of the day 1 gallon of Lesco Carbon Pro costs as much as 5 gallons of RGS. (Actually about $40 more with tax)

#133 ·
gpbrown60 said:
iFisch3224 said:
Interesting -

gp
I really hope this is not the price. This is crazy the money companies are trying to make putting cheap products in a bottle for you. I hope people just support N Ext instead of this.

#134 ·
iFisch3224 said:
Methodical said:
iFisch3224 said:

But the cost of 1 gallon of RGS is NOT $88. So the math is still wrong..

At the end of the day 1 gallon of Lesco Carbon Pro costs as much as 5 gallons of RGS. (Actually about $40 more with tax)
Yeah your right. I blew past the cost and was just focused on the Lesco stuff. I don't know where he got the $88 from, but it looks like maybe he's using the Bio-Stimulant kit price.

#135 ·
CenlaLowell said:
gpbrown60 said:
iFisch3224 said:
Interesting -

gp
I really hope this is not the price. This is crazy the money companies are trying to make putting cheap products in a bottle for you. I hope people just support N Ext instead of this.
That's where my money is - on the N-Ext products. Who knows, it could be a rebranded RGS product from Green County. I'm already invested in their RGS, GreeNe Effect and Humic 12.

Lesco price is ridiculously high and they nail the homeowner every time. They won't be getting my money even at the business cost because N-Ext is so much cheaper for 5 gallons.

#136 ·
While we're comparing biostimulant costs. MicroGreene has 8% humic/2% kelp versus RGS at 6%/3%, respectively. I'm entertaining the idea of using just MicroGreene for both kelp and micros. In that case I can replace FEature and add humic/kelp to the routine and get a bit of cost savings. Label rates are far higher on MicroGreene so comparing cost per app using those rates would be higher. However, I plan on simply spoon feeding 3-6oz/1k on a regular basis instead. EDIT: I was looking at blackout rates. Looks like normal rates are 1-2gal/acre (roughly 3-6oz/1k), the same rate as RGS.

I'm doing some test plots next year with a wider range of products before I do this, though. I'd like to compare liquid humic with granular HumicDG from Anderson's. If efficacy is even roughly equivalent with granular, the cost per app would blow GCF products out of the water. More on that to come...

#142 ·
I just went to go buy some product to find that none of the N-Ext products can be shipped to California anymore? Does anyone know what happened or if it's going to be available to California in the future? It doesn't look like Carbon-X is going to be available to us either. I'm so bummed right now.

#150 ·
Has any one developed a full blown plan for fescue using n-ext products and care to share? I am skeptical but I went a head and bought a bio stim pack. I put down the first application Sunday. I am curious about the seeding package.......and incorporating it into a program. My trouble is I have already invested in my seed, starter, and next round of fertilizer. I am going to go with Pete at gci 's suggestion of starter (my granular) RGS and Humic 12 at seeding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.