Lawn Care Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2019 | What did you do with your lawn today?

104K views 872 replies 184 participants last post by  jhov415 
#1 ·
Happy New Year TLF! :thumbup:

#54 ·
The forsythia and daffodils starting to bloom in lower part of county. Put down 1st preM app (mesotrione). Soil temps anticipated to be in 50s by middle next week along with higher air temps. I would have waited till soil temps were a little higher before putting down preM, but I won't have time for yard work this weekend.

#56 ·
Sunday is looking like a decent day for some cleanup that I've been slacking on like cutting back my ornamental grasses for new growth and tying up branches that I trimmed off the dogwood which is probably heading into its last year

Time to pickup some dimension and order some Magical so I have it when the time comes which also means it's time to clean up the shed

#59 ·
Suburban Jungle Life said:
Pulled cores for soil samples. Put down some AMS, prodiamine, RGS, Humic 12. Round 1 is done! So nice to get back into the yard!
Where are you at, says MD/DMV in your info? I'm in northern MD and the soil temps were looking a little too low still I thought, I was guessing probably 2 or 3 more weeks until the prodiamine goes down for me anyhow.

#60 ·
bklusa1 said:
Suburban Jungle Life said:
Pulled cores for soil samples. Put down some AMS, prodiamine, RGS, Humic 12. Round 1 is done! So nice to get back into the yard!
Where are you at, says MD/DMV in your info? I'm in northern MD and the soil temps were looking a little too low still I thought, I was guessing probably 2 or 3 more weeks until the prodiamine goes down for me anyhow.
I'm in MD but close to DC. Mid 40's here. I prefer to hit it early so if I get busy, I don't miss the optimal window. I also do a split app of prodiamine. 2 apps, one now and one in april. Both the 3 mo rate. This way I'm covered for crab which is mid 50's and an extra dose for goose which is mid 60's. Yesterday, my soil temps peaked at low 50's and it's going to be warmer today and tomorrow...

Last year, I timed each app I put down for weather and temps but I ended up spending a ton of time in the yard. While I really enjoyed it, I'm trying to cut back and have time for other things so I'm aiming for 1-2 days a month for fert and squirt.

#62 ·
Soil was warm and no longer frozen. Took soil samples with the great help of my 3yr old. She almost dropped the sample bag. :)

Noticed the front yard soil profile looked different than the backyard. Kept them separately to test them independently.

It is starting to green up.

#64 ·
I was planning on split app's as well, first time using prodiamine and it will be granular. Last year was the first time I had ever put down a pre-emergent (newer to this stuff) and I did the Scott's/tenacity starter first because I wanted to do some seeding, followed up by Dithiopyr in May.

Was kind of thinking around Apr 1 for the first one and May 15 for the 2nd, give or take. Seem reasonable? Trying to think ahead 'in case' I need to seed again this fall and get the second app in early enough so that it doesn't interfere with that.

#73 ·
@Chris LI

Dead palm trees! My neighbors palms died 4 years ago with a cold front that lasted for a month. It's an eye sore that he haven't removed them. The area I live in lost 75 percent of its palms that year. My bluegrass/rye mix does great until late August. But then it's Reno time in September. I'd take the one month struggle for soft bluegrass year round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.