Lawn Care Forum banner

What is this already?

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  outdoorsmen 
#1 ·
Taller then anything else already. I'm near st. Louis and it's not been at all warm, only a couple days. Yesterday did hit 70 but today is 40 again. I pulled it up but I dont know if I got all the roots.

See less See more
#11 ·
Yeah I figured as much. I have been using some glyphosate/water 50/50 with blue dye and applying it with a foam paint brush. It is not the best method. The foam holds the liquid to well I think. Gotta really rub the blade to leave product behind, and most times the blade breaks....

G
#17 ·
Thanks for posting this with the pic. I'm in Missouri also, noticed this on 3-4 spots in my yard yesterday and was wondering what it was. It is on the edge of a landscaping bed that looks like it needs to be trimmed already and is longer than the grass around it.

My yard is pretty mushy from all the rain, too wet and soil is like 46 degrees right now. I will pull it, I don't want to use round up right next to my new landscaping bed with flowers about to bloom.

#18 ·
I painted them but not seeing any effect yet. I went through this last fall too. I painted then also. I dont know if this are the same or new ones. Last fall I wasn't happy with the die off or lack there of. It's all in n the same general area. Makes me wonder if the seed have been using is contaminated with this. I get my seed (may not anymore) from belleville seed house, it's only 10 mins away so real convenient. Can buy as liitle or as much as I want at any given time. I bbn was looking at the tags on the various bags of home depot seed and they dont look any better with the "other seed". I will not get away with have seed shipped to me so I guess I'm stuck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.