Lawn Care Forum banner

CenlaLowell Lawn Journal

81K views 243 replies 33 participants last post by  CenlaLowell 
#1 ·
I know I should have been made one of these but here goes. Me and my wife had this home built for us in 2013, so lets start there. All I did here is plant trees everywhere. This picture here was in 2013

I've never really sprayed any chemical until this year, so all the growth I've gotten have been from granular fertilizer's and time. As you can see from this picture there was no grass planted at this time just bermuda and weeds. This is in 2014

2015 was the year I spot planted St Augustine in my yard unfortunately I could not find any pictures. So, in this 2016 picture there was a lot of growth both in turf and plants. all I've ever put down was 8-8-8 at this point.

In 2017, I really got serious about my lawn, so that's when I started reading forums about lawn care and the what not. I started trying out different fertilizer, etc and some over the counter chemicals. St Augustine has spread a good bit by now. This is also the year I purchase the lot behind my house which extended my backyard.

Which brings me to this year. I've purchased plenty of chemicals throughout this year. Alot of them will be applied starting in the fall. As far as now I've applied propiconazole, 3336, Imid, Bifen, Liquid Iron, and some kelp4less products. I've definitley gotten hooked to lawn care.

I looked forward to updating this this fall.

See less See more
#78 ·
reauxl tigers said:
CenlaLowell said:
Okay after those five yards of sand a problem rose it's head. Weeds were everywhere, nutsedge, spurge, Virginia buttonweed, etc so I mixed Celsius+prosedge+NIS and sprayed late yesterday evening.
This is why I'm scared to bring in river sand, they're usually packed with weeds.
I really don't know what kind of sand to ask for . The haulers only seem to have topsoil and river sand. You are definitely correct though I wish I can find a better sand with less problems.

Do you know of any haulers that get better sand?? @reauxl tigers

#79 ·
CenlaLowell said:
reauxl tigers said:
CenlaLowell said:
Okay after those five yards of sand a problem rose it's head. Weeds were everywhere, nutsedge, spurge, Virginia buttonweed, etc so I mixed Celsius+prosedge+NIS and sprayed late yesterday evening.
This is why I'm scared to bring in river sand, they're usually packed with weeds.
I really don't know what kind of sand to ask for . The haulers only seem to have topsoil and river sand. You are definitely correct though I wish I can find a better sand with less problems.

Do you know of any haulers that get better sand?? @reauxl tigers
Not off the top of my head, I'd have to do a little research but I do know the most recommended kind of sand for leveling is mason sand. The same stuff golf courses use for greens maintenance and what not. I don't know who has some in bulk around here but I'm sure I could find out or even go to a local municipal course as a last resort and ask where they had it delivered from.
My first instinct would be to check Cleggs

#80 ·
Sprayed prodiamine +simazine last weekend forgot to update this journal. I used my new trailer sprayer and I would have to say theres definitely a learning curve in getting around my yard.

I have alot of plans for this year. Good luck to everyone

#88 ·
Today

Pressure washed the fence as I prepare to stain this weekend

Next I brought Raleigh st Augustine for the empty lot I will purchase this summer fingers crossed.

From fence to fence is the lot and it's about .24 acres. After this purchase I will have .752 acres

#90 ·
Sprayed fence.

Things learned.... Make sure you mix all 5 gallons buckets really good. Never leave the paint gun alone to long.

What I sprayed with

Stained I used

The outside of the fence came out pretty good. First time spraying so I'm going thru growing pains for sure. It's definitely a repetitive job. I will finish tomorrow for sure. Here is the outside finish product

Tomorrow I shoot pics on the whole thing and the inside mistakes as well.

#99 ·
JWAY said:
Nice work NJ.
Is that T-Nex PGR at .25 oz/M working well on your Bermuda or St. Aug, or both?
Working well in the st Augustine but not as much in the Bermuda. I'm going to increase the next batch at .30 and see how it handles it.

@JWAY

#100 ·
Start today by renting a sod cutter from the homedepot

Took me about two hours but I removed a section 5x 61.

The next part was to move plants from the old side to this new section

Laid down some preen weed preventer and tomorrow I will lay some mulch.

Finish the day like this

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.