Idech Power Rotary Scissors / Landscape Blade (Seago International Discount Offer in OP)

Mowers, blowers & other important tools of the trade
User avatar
Austinite
TLF Supporter
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:24 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Grass Type: Bermuda: Latitude 36
Lawn Size: 5500
Mower: Swardman +Toro TimeMaster 30"
Contact:

Re: Idech Power Rotary Scissors / Landscape Blade (Discount Code in OP)

Post by Austinite » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:15 pm

Well. Does anyone know how much power this thing needs? Apparently my Ryobi trimmer is not good enough. I really don’t want to go with a gas unit. It only runs a few seconds then stops. I assume my 18v is not strong enough.
Last edited by Austinite on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Mightyquinn
Moderator
Posts: 2698
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:35 pm
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Grass Type: Tifway 419 Bermuda
Lawn Size: 8,000 ft²
Mower: Baroness LM56(x2)

Re: Idech Power Rotary Scissors / Landscape Blade (Discount Code in OP)

Post by Mightyquinn » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:08 pm

Austinite wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:15 pm
Well. Does anyone know how much power this thing needs? Apparently my Ryobi trimmer is not good enough. I really don’t want to go with a gas unit. It only runs a few seconds then stops. I assume my 18v is not strong enough.
I know a few people have gotten them before and they were "tight" out of the box and needed to be loosened up and I believe @Ware has one on his electric trimmer. Not sure what others have done to loosen it up though but could be in this thread somewhere. :thumbup:

User avatar
Ware
Site Admin
Posts: 7195
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:56 pm
Location: Alma, Arkansas
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: 7,500 sq ft
Mower: Toro GM1600
Contact:

Re: Idech Power Rotary Scissors / Landscape Blade (Discount Code in OP)

Post by Ware » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:19 pm

Austinite wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:15 pm
Well. Does anyone know how much power this thing needs? Apparently my Ryobi trimmer is not good enough. I really don’t want to go with a gas unit. It only runs a few seconds then stops. I assume my 18v is not strong enough.
I attached one to a 56V Ego...


User avatar
Austinite
TLF Supporter
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:24 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Grass Type: Bermuda: Latitude 36
Lawn Size: 5500
Mower: Swardman +Toro TimeMaster 30"
Contact:

Re: Idech Power Rotary Scissors / Landscape Blade (Discount Code in OP)

Post by Austinite » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:48 pm

Really strange. I just put it on my 40v and at max power it locks up. But if I hold the trigger half way so it doesnt turn as fast, it works great. Actually cuts really good, too. So I dont think I need max power, just sucks because sometimes I'll slip and pull the trigger all the way and bam, shuts off. I'm sure I will get used to it. The thing is ridiculously awesome tho.

Thanks, @Ware
ImageImageImage

walk1355
TLF Supporter
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Madison, AL
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: 9500sf
Mower: JD 260SL & honda hrx rotary

Re: Idech Power Rotary Scissors / Landscape Blade (Discount Code in OP)

Post by walk1355 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:08 am

I went to attach my power rotary scissors to my 56V EGO unit on Friday night and I had trouble getting the side screw to screw into the hole. I'm not sure why, but the screw won't even start into the hole/the threads aren't present. It's almost like it wasn't tapped from the factory. The screw won't screw in and just falls out on it's own if you turn it on it's side.

I have attached a picture with the problem screw circled. I have left a message with Seago but haven't heard back yet.

Any ideas? Will it operate ok and safely without this screw?

Image

Belfort
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 4:53 am
Location: Brugge
Grass Type: Northern mix
Lawn Size: 21526sqft
Mower: toro z master Honda hrh

Re: Idech Power Rotary Scissors / Landscape Blade (Discount Code in OP)

Post by Belfort » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:33 pm

Dear walk1355,

Those threads is very fragile. I had the same problem with mine at work. I decided to work without that screw. An hour later the head started to wobble and came loose from the shaft, so i did put a bigger screw in the hole. A few days later when i was working with it, the blades stopped spinning. I opened up the head to see what was the problem. Both bearings in the gearbox failed, probably because of that wobbling. I brought it back to the shop and the shop sended it to there supplier. They had to put a new gearbox on it and it was repaired under warranty.

So my advice is to bring it back to where you bought it, or just put a bigger screw in it and make sure that it goes a few millimeters thru the shaft so the head can't move. But don't work without the screw.
Make sure that the head is always very tight attached to the shaft.

If my English is not so good i'm sorry for that, but i hope that you understand what i've wrote.

Good luck with it...

walk1355
TLF Supporter
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Madison, AL
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: 9500sf
Mower: JD 260SL & honda hrx rotary

Re: Idech Power Rotary Scissors / Landscape Blade (Discount Code in OP)

Post by walk1355 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:38 pm

walk1355 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:08 am
I went to attach my power rotary scissors to my 56V EGO unit on Friday night and I had trouble getting the side screw to screw into the hole. I'm not sure why, but the screw won't even start into the hole/the threads aren't present. It's almost like it wasn't tapped from the factory. The screw won't screw in and just falls out on it's own if you turn it on it's side.

I have attached a picture with the problem screw circled. I have left a message with Seago but haven't heard back yet.

Any ideas? Will it operate ok and safely without this screw?

Image
Belfort wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:33 pm
Dear walk1355,

Those threads is very fragile. I had the same problem with mine at work. I decided to work without that screw. An hour later the head started to wobble and came loose from the shaft, so i did put a bigger screw in the hole. A few days later when i was working with it, the blades stopped spinning. I opened up the head to see what was the problem. Both bearings in the gearbox failed, probably because of that wobbling. I brought it back to the shop and the shop sended it to there supplier. They had to put a new gearbox on it and it was repaired under warranty.

So my advice is to bring it back to where you bought it, or just put a bigger screw in it and make sure that it goes a few millimeters thru the shaft so the head can't move. But don't work without the screw.
Make sure that the head is always very tight attached to the shaft.

If my English is not so good i'm sorry for that, but i hope that you understand what i've wrote.

Good luck with it...

I just got off the phone with Seago. Very pleased with how they are handling this. They are going to ship me a brand new unit and have me just ship back the bad one after receiving the new one. I talked with both Kathy and Scott and they were very appreciative of me giving them a second chance.

If you're in the market for one of these, I recommend purchasing from Seago as they couldn't have been easier to work with on this warranty type issue.

Edit: The reason I am so pleased with this is because I honestly expected them to accuse me of stripping out the hole or something, which wasn't the case. Scott even said that they had seen this a few times and has attributed it to the manufacturer.
Last edited by walk1355 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ware
Site Admin
Posts: 7195
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:56 pm
Location: Alma, Arkansas
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: 7,500 sq ft
Mower: Toro GM1600
Contact:

Re: Idech Power Rotary Scissors / Landscape Blade (Discount Code in OP)

Post by Ware » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:35 pm

Glad to hear they are taking care of you!

User avatar
Austinite
TLF Supporter
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:24 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Grass Type: Bermuda: Latitude 36
Lawn Size: 5500
Mower: Swardman +Toro TimeMaster 30"
Contact:

Re: Idech Power Rotary Scissors / Landscape Blade (Discount Code in OP)

Post by Austinite » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:50 pm

Ware wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:35 pm
Glad to hear they are taking care of you!
Didnt you have a "how to" video on the grease that it needs? I can't find it.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Ware
Site Admin
Posts: 7195
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:56 pm
Location: Alma, Arkansas
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: 7,500 sq ft
Mower: Toro GM1600
Contact:

Re: Idech Power Rotary Scissors / Landscape Blade (Discount Code in OP)

Post by Ware » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:06 pm

Austinite wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:50 pm
Didnt you have a "how to" video on the grease that it needs? I can't find it.
I use this - it came with my Maruyama LB...
Ware wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:54 am
The Maruyama grease is an EP-0 (EP = Extreme Pressure):

Image

You can buy it here:

https://www.maruyamaparts.com/840994S-E ... REASE.html

walk1355
TLF Supporter
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Madison, AL
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: 9500sf
Mower: JD 260SL & honda hrx rotary

Re: Idech Power Rotary Scissors / Landscape Blade (Discount Code in OP)

Post by walk1355 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:13 pm

Austinite wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:50 pm
Ware wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:35 pm
Glad to hear they are taking care of you!
Didnt you have a "how to" video on the grease that it needs? I can't find it.
Seago will sell you something very similar. They included it with my scissors for what I think was $5.

User avatar
Austinite
TLF Supporter
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:24 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Grass Type: Bermuda: Latitude 36
Lawn Size: 5500
Mower: Swardman +Toro TimeMaster 30"
Contact:

Re: Idech Power Rotary Scissors / Landscape Blade (Discount Code in OP)

Post by Austinite » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:26 pm

Yeah I have the grease, just thought there was a video on how much and where to grease. T Hanks.
ImageImageImage

walk1355
TLF Supporter
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Madison, AL
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: 9500sf
Mower: JD 260SL & honda hrx rotary

Re: Idech Power Rotary Scissors / Landscape Blade (Discount Code in OP)

Post by walk1355 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:14 pm

Austinite wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:26 pm
Yeah I have the grease, just thought there was a video on how much and where to grease. T Hanks.
Got ya, sorry. For me, that would be hard to explain. Generally you want a enough grease to cover the entire area you are greasing, but not to the point it is making a mess everywhere and oozing out of the fitting or hole. with something like this, fill it up, It's not going to hurt anything.

User avatar
Austinite
TLF Supporter
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:24 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Grass Type: Bermuda: Latitude 36
Lawn Size: 5500
Mower: Swardman +Toro TimeMaster 30"
Contact:

Re: Idech Power Rotary Scissors / Landscape Blade (Discount Code in OP)

Post by Austinite » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:40 pm

walk1355 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:14 pm
Austinite wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:26 pm
Yeah I have the grease, just thought there was a video on how much and where to grease. T Hanks.
Got ya, sorry. For me, that would be hard to explain. Generally you want a enough grease to cover the entire area you are greasing, but not to the point it is making a mess everywhere and oozing out of the fitting or hole. with something like this, fill it up, It's not going to hurt anything.
Got it. Thanks @walk1355 !
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Ware
Site Admin
Posts: 7195
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:56 pm
Location: Alma, Arkansas
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: 7,500 sq ft
Mower: Toro GM1600
Contact:

Re: Idech Power Rotary Scissors / Landscape Blade (Discount Code in OP)

Post by Ware » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:46 pm

My Maruyama manual says to add 25cc in the head and 10cc in the gearbox every 25 hours.

User avatar
N LA Hacker
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:09 am
Location: NW Louisiana
Grass Type: Tifway 419, Bahia
Lawn Size: 10k(turf)/3+ ac(tot)
Mower: Iron eagle 50"

Re: Idech Power Rotary Scissors / Landscape Blade (Discount Code in OP)

Post by N LA Hacker » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:49 pm

The idech manual had the same amounts.

M311att
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 7:11 pm
Location: Memphis
Grass Type: Bermuda

Re: Idech Power Rotary Scissors / Landscape Blade (Discount Code in OP)

Post by M311att » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:03 pm

Is it pre-greased from the factory?

Bermuda_Newbie
TLF Supporter
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Fresno, CA
Grass Type: Tifway 419 Hybrid Bermuda
Lawn Size: 3000 sq ft
Mower: Cal Trimmer 20" 5 blade

Re: Idech Power Rotary Scissors / Landscape Blade (Discount Code in OP)

Post by Bermuda_Newbie » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:14 pm

M311att wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:03 pm
Is it pre-greased from the factory?
Yes. Mine was. I called and asked and they said it comes pre-greasesd and then to add more if I thought it needed it after trying it one time. Not sure how I'll know if it needs more. Haven't gotten to use it yet since it's winter.

User avatar
SCGrassMan
Posts: 1764
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:37 pm
Location: Charleston, SC
Grass Type: Zeon Zoysia
Lawn Size: 3000
Mower: Toro GM1600

Re: Idech Power Rotary Scissors / Landscape Blade (Discount Code in OP)

Post by SCGrassMan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:14 pm

I put the grease in both holes - is one for the head and one for the gearbox or both for the head? I may need to grease the gearbox as well.

Mine was sticky at first too. Now that I have it on a more powerful head (Stihl 141) its mint.
2019 Lawn Journal:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7338

Tmank87
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:19 pm
Location: NC
Grass Type: Zoysia
Lawn Size: 8K
Mower: Trucut P20

Re: Idech Power Rotary Scissors / Landscape Blade (Discount Code in OP)

Post by Tmank87 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:32 pm

Does anyone use this on an Echo SRM230 or know if its compatible?

Post Reply