Want to say thanks - Overseeding success

Cool season grasses like Kentucky Bluegrass, Fescue & Rye
Chasin Fin
Grass Type: Bolero
Lawn Size: 31 x 56
Mower: Honda

Want to say thanks - Overseeding success

Post by Chasin Fin » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:55 pm

Really appreciate the forum. i weeded, thatched, sprayed tenacity and overseeded with new MP Rotors. Grass is going great, crabgrass died off hard and nutseed is dying off. Looks 100% better. Still waiting on the first mow as its been 3 weeks so plan to do that next Saturday. I've got a few spots that were light on the seeding so was planning on doing it again in the less dense areas and give it another month to grow. Being in Northern California we are just now into high 70's so probably plenty of growing time left.

The thatching and weeding the crabgrass was by far the hardest part.

planning my front yard renovation next fall. Question, i've always started with Sod, is there any disadvantage other than cost to going straight sod? I assume the kill off is still just as important but thinking i'll just resod next fall with a KBG blend perhaps or just stick with the Bolero grass i've used before given the high triple digit summer days.

Thanks again to all the help and countless hours of reading on the forum. I'm pumped to take the grass to the next level.

pennstater2005
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 15,000 sq ft
Mower: Husqvarna YTH18K46

Re: Want to say thanks - Overseeding success

Post by pennstater2005 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:52 pm

@Chasin Fin Pics?!

Congrats on the recent lawn success :thumbup:
"Perfection, like infinity, is unobtainable, even at places like Augusta. It's the journey toward the goal that holds all the fun, joy, and reward." - dfw_pilot

Lawn Fertilizer Calculator

Credit