Possible fungus?

Cool season grasses like Kentucky Bluegrass, Fescue & Rye
mhwwdman
Grass Type: TTTF
Lawn Size: 3000
Mower: Craftsman

Possible fungus?

Post by mhwwdman » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:18 pm

I overseeded with TTTF over Labor Day weekend and it has been coming up alright. I've been noticing some spots where the new lawn is a slightly lighter color. Looking closer, some of the leafs look wilted. I've recently moved to watering every other day a week ago and I'm about to move to watering every 3-4 days. In addition, I applied 46% urea at 0.25lbs per 1000 sq ft a week ago. Is this fungus or should I even worry about this?

Factor
Lawn Size: 13000
Mower: None

Re: Possible fungus?

Post by Factor » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:32 pm

Based on the photo. Lighter Green? Lighter tan? I would say 2 things. Looks like some of the grass blades look torn. Not real bad but some.. Check sharpening on the blade. Overall I would say might be ok. Is this the worst area? Whats you mow height? 2.5 or 3" Could be the grass is to tall and it is flopping over so some of the blades aren't getting cut well.
Thanks,
Factor
Just a regular guy from Tennessee.
Tier 2. It just grass... it's not a hobby for me.

tgreen
Grass Type: tf and kbg
Lawn Size: 20k
Mower: 48 turf tracer

Post by tgreen » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:00 pm

I would not worry about that at all. I see what you're talking about and it might be a little dollar spot. If so, the cold weather will take care of it if it hasn't already. If it gets worse then post another pic with close ups of the blades.

mhwwdman
Lawn Size: 3000
Mower: Craftsman

Post by mhwwdman » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:54 pm

Thanks, guys. Yeah, this probably is the most noticeable spot of the whole yard. I was using a cheapo reel mower for the initial cuts, but it was a bit unreliable in a couple spots. Was cutting at about 2.75" and it hasn't flopped over yet. I'm actually trying to raise my HoC a bit since I've already done the initial three or so mows.

Anyways, was just checking up. Will continue with the 3-4 day watering schedule and urea spoon feeding and will see how it goes...