JERSEY
Grass Type: kyb
Lawn Size: 15000
Mower: Craftsman Pro

hose end sprayers

Post by JERSEY » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:41 pm

I have a Ortho hose end sprayer.
works well

I am looking for a Hose end sprayer that can pull MORE than 8 oz per gal.

anyone know if it exists?

Chris LI
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: KBG,TTTF, FF-different mixes
Lawn Size: 5K
Mower: Snapper Hi Vac 21"

Re: hose end sprayers

Post by Chris LI » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:40 pm

While not a Dial-and-Spray type sprayer, which is rated at oz./gallon, the Blue Mule Compact Spray-All 50B sprayer is a high quality sprayer that can put down a lot of material quickly. It has a selection of metering tips to adjust flow. I mainly used it with the light blue tip (I think) which is rated at 15.14 oz. per minute to apply kelp, molasses, baby shampoo, garlic juice (mosquitoes), etc. to evenly cover ~1k in about 2 minutes. I would put the desired amount into the container to be sprayed over 1k and fill the remainder with water. It is available on Amazon, but I saved the tax and bought directly from them. After buying it, I discovered a thread on TLF, where someone tested it, so there is more info on it if you do a little searching. Here is the link to the mfg.
http://applicationequipment.net/print/i ... d=811&ae=1

Gilley11
Grass Type: Zoysia
Lawn Size: 2000 sq ft
Mower: JD rider, Snapper push, Toro p

Post by Gilley11 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:58 am

Man those Ortho's can empty that container IN A HURRY, what are you spraying out that you need that low of a dilution? You might be better off with a backpack sprayer if the product will flow through it.

adgattoni
Grass Type: Tifway 419
Lawn Size: 16000
Mower: Greensmaster Flex 21

Post by adgattoni » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:50 am

Gilley11 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:58 am
Man those Ortho's can empty that container IN A HURRY, what are you spraying out that you need that low of a dilution? You might be better off with a backpack sprayer if the product will flow through it.
I haven't gotten one yet, but my use case will be to spray Penterra @ 1oz per 5 gallons.