Irrigation systems, sprinklers & other watering topics
Topic Author
dgreen97
Grass Type: I believe it's perennial ryegr
Lawn Size: 32 x 30
Mower: Toro 22 recycler

Leak coming from freeze proof hose facuet

Post by dgreen97 »

I'm trying to setup a smart hose timer on my outside faucet, it's a freeze proof one, and it has a slow drip leak out of the faucet handle that is going to ruin that for me. I'm not sure what that part is called, the part you turn with your hand, so I'm not sure how to look up how to fix it. Do you guys have familiarity on what would cause a leak from it? Heres a picture of the faucet

It drips right behind the handle like a leaky faucet would only when the water is on.

Topic Author
dgreen97
Grass Type: I believe it's perennial ryegr
Lawn Size: 32 x 30
Mower: Toro 22 recycler

Re: Leak coming from freeze proof hose facuet

Post by dgreen97 »

I thought it was leaking where the nut is that connects the faucet handle to the pipe that goes inside the house but it's right behind that handle itself, not around the nut ithreads in the picture.

Green
Grass Type: KBG, TTTF, TTPR, FF-diff mixes
Lawn Size: 15K
Mower: Toro 22", MTD 21", Fiskars 18"

Re: Leak coming from freeze proof hose facuet

Post by Green »

I read an article on this topic recently and if I still have it, will post it for you. But I think they said it could be the packing that seals where the screw connects. They also said you can try a slight turn of the center screw if needed, but don't overdo it.

Edit: here you go: https://inspectapedia.com/plumbing/Wood ... Repair.php
Front: Northern mix - mostly TTTF, KBG, TTPR. Back: Firecracker and Bullseye TTTF with America, Rugby 2, Bewitched KBG. Upper Side: Mostly TTPR, KBG. Lower Side: similar to front. Low-input: TF/FF, KBG, PR. Always seeding somewhere or fighting Triv.