Topic Author
Greasmatta
Grass Type: KBG/Creeping red fescue
Lawn Size: 13000 sqf
Mower: Husqvarna automower 430x

Solo 417 Backpack sprayer, not able to use all of the tank content

Post by Greasmatta »

Hello,

Anybody here using the Solo 417 battery backpack sprayer?

I have a newly purchased one but i have big problems to get all of the tank mix out from the tank.
The tank is 18 liters (4.75 gallon). When the tank hits the 3 liter (0.8 gallon) mark while spraying it starts to spray unevenly and stops from time to time so i have to prime the pump again.

This is when i walk the tank content get thrown side to side in the tank and the pump looses it prime when air i sucked in to it.
Its quite stupid design because the suction port located in the tank is not placed in the center of the tank, instead it placed in the far right side. Making it more vulnerable for starving the pump when the mix get thrown side to side in the tank.

This is so annoying because i always need to top up the tank with more product and liquid to get an even distribution when spraying. And i always loose around 110 m2 worth of products with each spray because of this.

Any ideas how i could prevent this to happen? Any valve setup to use? How is other battery backpack sprayer brands working, Can you get all of the products out without problem?

Topic Author
Greasmatta
Grass Type: KBG/Creeping red fescue
Lawn Size: 13000 sqf
Mower: Husqvarna automower 430x

Re: Solo 417 Backpack sprayer, not able to use all of the tank content

Post by Greasmatta »

Nobody else having problem to get all of the liquid out from the tank regardless of brand and model?