Should I apply sulfate of potash before/after today's rain?

A place to discuss soil fertility and soil amendments
Topic Author
turfnsurf
Grass Type: fescue, KGB
Lawn Size: 4200 sq ft
Mower: Toro Recycler

Should I apply sulfate of potash before/after today's rain?

Post by turfnsurf »

I was intending on applying this today. I couldn't find any information about this by searching, but I wanted to see if I should proceed as planned, or just wait until tomorrow.

The forecast says chance of showers, showers, and thunderstorm. Not sure if you all use a particular site for precipitation, but I used weather.gov.

Powhatan
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: Healthy
Lawn Size: 14,000
Mower: Internal combustion

Re: Should I apply sulfate of potash before/after today's rain?

Post by Powhatan »

I don't irrigate so I try to put down my fertilizer product the day of or day before a forecasted rain.

Use whatever weather service you normally use, none of them are going to be 100% accurate a 100% of the time, especially when summertime daily afternoon isolated thunderstorms are forecasted. ;)

uts
Grass Type: Contractor blend cool season
Lawn Size: 24000
Mower: Toro timecutter 14-38z

Post by uts »

SOP has a low burn potential. I have irrigation but even then try to time my application of any granular app with rain. There isnt anything like it. The slopes are the only place that I worry sometimes if it says it's going to be torrential rain but otherwise all good.

Topic Author
turfnsurf
Grass Type: fescue, KGB
Lawn Size: 4200 sq ft
Mower: Toro Recycler

Post by turfnsurf »

uts wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:59 pm
SOP has a low burn potential. I have irrigation but even then try to time my application of any granular app with rain. There isnt anything like it. The slopes are the only place that I worry sometimes if it says it's going to be torrential rain but otherwise all good.
It was a light rain, which would have worked perfect. Fortunately I at least applied my humic acid and RGS yesterday.

It may still rain tonight, so I might get it out there still.