Lawn Size: 3,100
Mower: Honda 3-in-1

Re: TeeJet Nozzle Discussion

Post by Reddog90 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:07 pm

llO0DQLE wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:22 pm
Reddog90 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:58 am
But they all yield UC (=ultra coarse?) droplet size. Not good?
AI and AIC TeeJet tips don't have ratings below 30psi in the chart.
AIXR tips have XC (=extremely coarse?) droplet sizes at 20psi, not ideal for prodiamine?
Not sure why you think UC or XC droplets are not ideal. Prodiamine is a soil app, not contact or systemic. I am personally going to choose at least an XC, preferrable UC droplet size for soil apps.
The question marks signaled I was asking if XC or UC was OK or not.

llO0DQLE
Grass Type: Kentucky Bluegrass
Lawn Size: 1800
Mower: Craftsman

Post by llO0DQLE » Wed May 08, 2019 2:34 pm

Reddog90 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:07 pm
llO0DQLE wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:22 pm
Reddog90 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:58 am
But they all yield UC (=ultra coarse?) droplet size. Not good?
AI and AIC TeeJet tips don't have ratings below 30psi in the chart.
AIXR tips have XC (=extremely coarse?) droplet sizes at 20psi, not ideal for prodiamine?
Not sure why you think UC or XC droplets are not ideal. Prodiamine is a soil app, not contact or systemic. I am personally going to choose at least an XC, preferrable UC droplet size for soil apps.
The question marks signaled I was asking if XC or UC was OK or not.
Yes, I saw that. Doesn't change my response. Not trying to be snarky or anything, I was just wondering. If you don't know because this is all new to you then let me rephrase. For soil apps, you generally want coarser droplets. TBH, I'm not sure how coarse you need to be but my thought is the coarser the better so the drops are bigger and heavier and drop below the canopy easily. If you're going to irrigate right after applying, it probably doesn't matter much. But, seeing as when you choose a 15 or 20 psi CF valve, you do get a lot of options in the UC size, I don't see why one wouldn't just pick that.

Reddog90
Grass Type: Celebration Bermuda
Lawn Size: 3,100
Mower: Honda 3-in-1

Post by Reddog90 » Wed May 08, 2019 3:18 pm

From dfw wand thread:
FlaDave wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:55 pm
Just got my dfw_wand on order. Little tricky finding all the correct parts on spaysmarter so I figured I would post some direct links to what I pieced together.

24" teejet curved extension
https://www.spraysmarter.com/24-curv-ext-br.html

Sure grip handle
http://www.spraysmarter.com/sure-grip-handle-m.html

Brass swivel barb
http://www.spraysmarter.com/swivel-brass-11990-61.html

Trigger valve
http://www.spraysmarter.com/trigger-teejet-valve.html

Teejet nozzle adaptor with built in no-drip shut off
(CF valves were unavailable)
http://www.spraysmarter.com/teejet-11-1 ... apter.html

Cap and Seat
http://www.spraysmarter.com/teejet-quic ... p-cap.html

Here are the links to the teejet tips suggested by ware.

For foliar blanket apps
Teejet XR 110 Degree Extended Range Flat Spray Tip Color:Red
http://www.spraysmarter.com/teejet-xr-1 ... y-tip.html

For foliar spot spraying
TeeJet XR Extended Range Flat Spray Tip Color:Yellow
http://www.spraysmarter.com/visiflo-tee ... 10-vk.html

For soil treatment blanket apps
Teejet AI Air Induction Flat Spray Tip Color:Red
http://www.spraysmarter.com/teejet-ai-a ... dba04.html

Total cost of everything here was ~$85

From TeeJet thread:
Ware wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 1:54 pm
llO0DQLE wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 1:04 pm
Does this mean that each color cap is specific to the spray tips indicated in each row? i.e. if you want the AI Teejet tip then you should get the red cap (3rd row) and that tip wouldn't fit the white cap (first row)? At first, I thought that it was all the same part and you just picked a color based on preference. It's not clear on the spraysmarter site. It just lets you select color of the cap but no indication that there are differences.
You would want that red one for an AI nozzle, but no - most of those caps are available in 10 colors. See color code chart on the top right corner of the catalog page. Also see "How to order:" section on the bottom right corner of the catalog page.

So will the cap & gasket set linked by @FlaDave work with all three tips he linked?

https://www.spraysmarter.com/teejet-qui ... p-cap.html

FlaDave
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: 4400 sq/ft
Mower: Jacobsen pgm 22

Post by FlaDave » Wed May 08, 2019 3:31 pm

Yes those are the parts I ordered and they all fit together just fine for me.

985arrowhead
Grass Type: TifF 419
Lawn Size: 4500
Mower: John Deere 180C

Post by 985arrowhead » Sat May 18, 2019 12:56 am

N LA Hacker wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:19 pm
With limited experience today, I would say the chapin 20v can not keep up with a 2-3 boom nozzle setup. I had a significant pressure difference between the 2 aixr nozzles I had on the 2 boom.
which nozzles were you running?

I ordered the 2 boom chapin and XR11002 VS nozzles. At 0.2gpm@40PSI the 2 nozzles will put out the 0.4gpm that the original red fan tip and keep under the pump spec of 0.4-0.5gpm from chapin.

Just wondering if I am doing this right.

bassadict69
Grass Type: St. Augustine
Lawn Size: 1.3 acres
Mower: Gravely ZT

Post by bassadict69 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:29 pm

Will a 1.8gpm pump rated at 60psi (although usually runs around 40 psi when spraying) be capable of spraying 3 nozzles?

This is on an atv sprayer that I am wanting to build a small 3 nozzle boom for to provide faster spraying of my property. I would be using this for both Pre-M and Post-M spraying.

Greendoc
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: All warm season turf
Lawn Size: Acres
Mower: Toro GM 1000

Post by Greendoc » Sat May 18, 2019 12:56 pm

It can. You will need to stay under the GPM rating of the pump AI110-04 nozzles operated in sets of three need 1.2 GPM. The extra 0.6 GPM is to maintain pressure and agitation

bassadict69

Post by bassadict69 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:16 pm

right now, the tank has no agitation. How difficult is it to add it? Or would it require a different pump.

Also, 3 of these nozzles would require a 40" boom, correct? One nozzle in center and one on each end?

JWAY
Lawn Size: 25,000 ft2
Mower: JD Rotary

Post by JWAY » Sun May 19, 2019 10:29 am

bassadict69 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:16 pm
right now, the tank has no agitation. How difficult is it to add it? Or would it require a different pump.

Also, 3 of these nozzles would require a 40" boom, correct? One nozzle in center and one on each end?
Agitation would be nice to have but I have a 16 gallon tank with no agitation on a 3 nozzle boom and have had no problem spraying common liquid and wettable granular herbicides with no clogging or material settling out. I also have TeeJet 50 mesh screens installed behind the nozzles to catch any foreign matter before it gets to the nozzles.

I first mix all ingredients thoroughly with water in a five gallon bucket with a drill attached stirrer. I fill the tank half way with water, add the mix from the five gallon bucket then top it off with water and then use the stirrer inside the tank for final mixing.

Stirrer link: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Allway-17-75-i ... s/50427878

I used 43" boom length to account for nozzle bracket widths and to cap off the ends of the 3/4" Sched 40 PVC pipe I used as the boom.
There are quite a few boom builds you can search for and get ideas from in this equipment forum.

bassadict69

Post by bassadict69 » Sun May 19, 2019 12:35 pm

Thanks guys!

I have the stirrer and normally just put everything into the tank and then use the drill and stirrer in the tank.

Drewmey
Grass Type: Tall Fescue
Lawn Size: 4,000 ft²
Mower: 21" Huskvarna

Post by Drewmey » Wed May 29, 2019 10:49 am

Currently using the Field King Max and enjoying it. I have used it to spray FAS, homemade RGS, fungicide, Prodiamine, Wet and Forget (on house), and Bifenthrin. Typically spraying either 4ksf, 1ksf or 5ksf (back, front, both). I have noticed that using their red nozzle (which I understand to be the higher flow fan nozzle), I typically have to walk over my lawn twice in order to spray 1G/1M with the red nozzle. I can't get myself to walk slow enough to make it work in a single pass.

Does anyone have a recommendation of an XR nozzle (for FAS and herbicides) that is slightly higher flow than than default nozzle supplied with this backpack sprayer? The problem is that I do not know the flow rates of the nozzle they provide. So I feel like I have no good starting point understanding. I guess if I understood what normal walking speeds typically were, I would be able to approximate based on the chart Ware provided in the 4th post (I am thinking 2.5ish-mph). Another issue is I have no idea what psi I am typically keeping while walking/pumping. Any recommendations?

Also, does anyone have a recommendation for an AI nozzle (for Prodiamine apps) that is slightly higher flow than the default red nozzle with this backpack sprayer?

Due to the fact that I only need (2) nozzles, I will probably go VS since cost is not a huge deal.

jdc_lawnguy
Grass Type: KGB, TTTF, Rye
Lawn Size: ~13K
Mower: Deere D130

Post by jdc_lawnguy » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:33 pm

Is anyone using the Blue nozzles? I have a Spreadermate and my yard has some grade. I had sprinklers installed recently and it is also bumpy currently.

I started with red nozzles and i was putting out way to much. I just could not move fast enough with the weight and slope.

I put the yellows that came with it back on, but now I am doing double passes.

Common sense says blues are my next try, but figured I would see if anyone has had success.

Greendoc
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: All warm season turf
Lawn Size: Acres
Mower: Toro GM 1000

Post by Greendoc » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:27 am

I use the blue AI 110-03 nozzles for when I do not feel like running. I am also able to up the pressure to 50 PSI, get more and slightly finer droplets for better coverage as well, while still applying 1 gallon per K. If I have the red AI 110-04 nozzles installed on my boom, that applies at least 1.25 gallons per K unless I am running. In order for me to apply no more than 1 gallon per K and not run, I would have to drop the pressure to 30 PSI, which then compromises coverage. AI nozzles have a recommended pressure range of 30-100 PSI. At 30 PSI, droplets are generated farther apart and are too big for good foliar coverage.
Last edited by Greendoc on Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

jdc_lawnguy
Grass Type: KGB, TTTF, Rye
Lawn Size: ~13K
Mower: Deere D130

Post by jdc_lawnguy » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:35 am

Thanks @Greendoc. I generally run right around 40 psi. Similar to you I found I was going slower up hill and then almost running when I hit the flats. I was closer to 1.75 gal/M with the reds.

M311att

Post by M311att » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:35 pm

Is there a "foaming" teejet nozzle for foliar apps? I was just wondering.

Belgianbillie
Grass Type: KBG, Fescue, RYE and sadly poa
Lawn Size: 43000
Mower: riding pos

Post by Belgianbillie » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:03 pm

1mjbrierley wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:45 am
Timbo3985 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:04 am
I picked up a Northstar Sprayer with a 2 nozzle boom. One thing I know I've read others complain about is the delayed on/off and dripping from the nozzles. Does anyone recall what was needed to correct this issue? I know it required some type of pressure valve but can't find any size or part number info for it. Also, as stated the boom is 2 nozzles. The nozzles are only adjustable to something like 36" apart. The highest the boom can mount is about 30". Should I try and modify the boom to bring the nozzles closer to the 20x20 recommendation for spraying? Or maybe just get as close to equal height and width as possible? My only concern would be that spraying from over 30" off the ground would result in poor application rates and coverage.
I have the same type of sprayer, the 31 gallon. I’m planning to use pvc to modify the boom height and go to a 3 nozzle setup. I need to research to create a parts list.

Nozzle dripping is a pain. One nozzle might discharge 1/2 cup after power off.
What teejet tips would you use on a 2 nozzle setup?

Lpv777
Grass Type: Tall fescue
Lawn Size: 15k
Mower: Craftsman rideon

Post by Lpv777 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:45 am

Will a backpack sprayer with a .3 gpm pump be capable of spraying out of a boom?

JWAY
Lawn Size: 25,000 ft2
Mower: JD Rotary

Post by JWAY » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:23 am

Lpv777 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:45 am
Will a backpack sprayer with a .3 gpm pump be capable of spraying out of a boom?
Not unless you ran the lowest GPM capacity Teejet nozzles like XR11001's and then you would only get around .3 Gal/M of fluid output walking at 2.5 MPH.

You might get away with one nozzle like the XR11002 but you need to know the PSI capability of your sprayer to determine the nozzle that would work best.

For a large lawn like yours I would be looking at something similar to this.
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools ... _200726034

Jimefam
Lawn Size: 12000sq ft
Mower: Greens King 526a

Post by Jimefam » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:40 pm

I have the echo 4 gallon backpack sprayer with the hand pump. If i wanted to get a red and blue nozzle in the XR and AI varieties would i need anything else to make it work with my wand or is it just a simple swap? Amazon the best place to get them?

Ware
Site Admin
Lawn Size: 7,500 sq ft
Mower: Toro GM1600

Post by Ware » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:49 pm

Jimefam wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:40 pm
I have the echo 4 gallon backpack sprayer with the hand pump. If i wanted to get a red and blue nozzle in the XR and AI varieties would i need anything else to make it work with my wand or is it just a simple swap? Amazon the best place to get them?
You should be able to drop a TeeJet nozzle in the cap for the "fixed fan" nozzle that came with your sprayer. Amazon, Sprayer Depot or Spray Smarter are probably your best bet.