Lawn Size: 12000sq ft
Mower: Greens King 526a

Re: TeeJet Nozzle Discussion

Post by Jimefam » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:54 pm

Ware wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:49 pm
Jimefam wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:40 pm
I have the echo 4 gallon backpack sprayer with the hand pump. If i wanted to get a red and blue nozzle in the XR and AI varieties would i need anything else to make it work with my wand or is it just a simple swap? Amazon the best place to get them?
You should be able to drop a TeeJet nozzle in the cap for the "fixed fan" nozzle that came with your sprayer. Amazon, Sprayer Depot or Spray Smarter are probably your best bet.
Awesome thank you!

Lpv777
Grass Type: Tall fescue
Lawn Size: 15k
Mower: Craftsman rideon

Post by Lpv777 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:11 pm

JWAY wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:23 am
Lpv777 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:45 am
Will a backpack sprayer with a .3 gpm pump be capable of spraying out of a boom?
Not unless you ran the lowest GPM capacity Teejet nozzles like XR11001's and then you would only get around .3 Gal/M of fluid output walking at 2.5 MPH.

You might get away with one nozzle like the XR11002 but you need to know the PSI capability of your sprayer to determine the nozzle that would work best.

For a large lawn like yours I would be looking at something similar to this.
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools ... _200726034
Thanks! I always paid for someone to do my fertilizer. Im starting to take it on myslef now. I wasnt happy with the results. Im also trying to stay as organic a possible.
I just purchased an earthway 2170. Im trying to decide my spraying options. Ive thought about making a drop in sprayer with a boom for the earthway.
Ive also though about getting the ryobi backpack(.3 gpm reportedly) or an m4 and making a pushable boom that I can connect to.
I have almost 15k sqft of lawn.

JWAY
Grass Type: St. Augustine
Lawn Size: 25,000 ft2
Mower: JD Rotary

Post by JWAY » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:29 am

Lpv777 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:11 pm
JWAY wrote:
Lpv777 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:45 am
Will a backpack sprayer with a .3 gpm pump be capable of spraying out of a boom?
Not unless you ran the lowest GPM capacity Teejet nozzles like XR11001's and then you would only get around .3 Gal/M of fluid output walking at 2.5 MPH.

You might get away with one nozzle like the XR11002 but you need to know the PSI capability of your sprayer to determine the nozzle that would work best.

Thanks! I always paid for someone to do my fertilizer. Im starting to take it on myslef now. I wasnt happy with the results. Im also trying to stay as organic a possible.
I just purchased an earthway 2170. Im trying to decide my spraying options. Ive thought about making a drop in sprayer with a boom for the earthway.
Ive also though about getting the ryobi backpack(.3 gpm reportedly) or an m4 and making a pushable boom that I can connect to.
If you're going the backpack route get the M4. .75 GPM output vs .3 for the Ryobi.
With my M4 I can run a 2 nozzle boom with 2 x TeeJet XR11002 no problem. Tried a 3 nozzle boom with the same nozzles but it couldn't supply full nozzle GPM capacity with those.

Lpv777
Grass Type: Tall fescue
Mower: Craftsman rideon

Post by Lpv777 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:31 am

JWAY wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:29 am
Lpv777 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:11 pm
JWAY wrote:

If you're going the backpack route get the M4. .75 GPM output vs .3 for the Ryobi.
With my M4 I can run a 2 nozzle boom with 2 x TeeJet XR11002 no problem. Tried a 3 nozzle boom with the same nozzles but it couldn't supply full nozzle GPM capacity with those.
How wide a swath is that?

JWAY

Post by JWAY » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:51 am

With TeeJet 110xx (110degree spray angle) nozzles at 20" nozzle height running 40 psi on the sprayer, the width of each nozzles swath is 57". The nozzles are spaced 20" apart so that the swath from each nozzle sprays to the center point of the nozzle next to it so uniform coverage is achieved.
On your next spraying pass position the nozzle 20" from where your nozzle was on the last pass.

If you would like more info, @TommyTester covered this on page 17 of this topic.
Also see page 141 and 142 of the TeeJet catalog for more info.

Reddog90
Grass Type: Celebration Bermuda
Lawn Size: 3,100
Mower: Honda 3-in-1

Post by Reddog90 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:17 am

I've been spraying T-Nex with my XR tip. I'd like to start using humic on my turf and I was going to tank mix it with my monthly PGR app. Am I ok spraying humic through an XR tip or do I need to use my AI tip? Thanks.

Ware
Site Admin
Grass Type: Bermuda
Lawn Size: 7,500 sq ft
Mower: Toro GM1600

Post by Ware » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:25 am

Reddog90 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:17 am
I've been spraying T-Nex with my XR tip. I'd like to start using humic on my turf and I was going to tank mix it with my monthly PGR app. Am I ok spraying humic through an XR tip or do I need to use my AI tip? Thanks.
At the end of the day you would probably be fine with either. They are just two different products - the PGR is a foliar product and the humic needs to be down in the soil. So the XR is a better choice for PGR, and the AI is better for the humic. If you wanted something in between the two, a TT would be a good choice (e.g. TT11004-VP).

TNTurf
TLF Supporter
Mower: Toro Flex 21, Honda

Post by TNTurf » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:01 am

I have run out of water 3 times in a row before I am done with the area to spray. I setup guides to verify my overlap, I attached a GPS bike speedometer to verify my walking speed. I don't stare at it but I am keeping in the 2.5-3 MPH range naturally. I am using 40 PSI on my Spreader Mate. I am using red XRC Tee Jet tips. So, the question is do I drop to 35 PSI or move to a blue tip? I’m inclined to drop PSI since I already own the red tips and the chart looks ok so long as you stay above 30 but I am not an expert.
Last edited by TNTurf on Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ware
Site Admin

Post by Ware » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:19 am

gsmornot wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:01 am
I have run out of water 3 times in a row before I am done with the area to spray. I setup guides to verify my overlap, I attached a GPS bike speedometer to verify my walking speed. I don't stare at it but I am keeping in the 2.5-3 MPH range naturally. I am using 40 PSI on my Spreader Mate. I am using red XRC Tee Jet tips. So, the question is do I drop to 35 PSI or move to a blue tip? I’m inclined to drop PSI since I already own the red tips and the chart looks ok so long as you stay above 30 but I am not an expert.
Reducing pressure wouldn't cost you anything - I would probably try that first. If for whatever reason you aren't happy with it, then you could step down a nozzle size.

Are you starting with a full tank? If not, you could increase your spray volume.

TNTurf
TLF Supporter
Mower: Toro Flex 21, Honda

Post by TNTurf » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:58 pm

Ware wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:19 am
gsmornot wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:01 am
Reducing pressure wouldn't cost you anything - I would probably try that first. If for whatever reason you aren't happy with it, then you could step down a nozzle size.

Are you starting with a full tank? If not, you could increase your spray volume.
I’m starting with a gallon per thousand for the area to cover. Im going to run 35 psi next go and see what happens. BTW, might as well add that you (and others) were right. I moved to the 4 nozzle boom and it’s fantastic. Heavier than I thought it would be and I was done with the back yard in no time. I could have kept it to myself since I was sure two nozzles were enough.

Ware
Site Admin

Post by Ware » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:02 pm

gsmornot wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:58 pm
...BTW, might as well add that you (and others) were right. I moved to the 4 nozzle boom and it’s fantastic. Heavier than I thought it would be and I was done with the back yard in no time. I could have kept it to myself since I was sure two nozzles were enough.
No shame - you saw in my thread I did the same thing. I don’t always run all 4, but it’s nice to have when you want to. :thumbup:

Bermuda_Newbie
TLF Supporter
Grass Type: Tifway 419 Hybrid Bermuda
Lawn Size: 2500 sq ft
Mower: Swardman Electra 18"

Post by Bermuda_Newbie » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:21 am

I'm am getting ready to attempt to spray PGR. I used my red teejet 11004-VP turbo to spray sedgehammer (first time I used my sprayer). It works great in the flat wide backyard but my front yard has some narrow strips in it along the side of my house (20in in some places). The nozzle width is too big to walk this going width wise if that makes sense. I end up spraying the concrete or the flower beds which isn't a problem with the sedgehammer but I want to be more precise with the PGR. The grass is a wave pattern along my sidewalk and I'm not sure how to get it all covered without overlapping or spraying non-grass things. Most of what I've read people are looking for wider nozzles because of the size of their yard. Is there a narrower nozzle that would work better for me than what I have?

JWAY

Post by JWAY » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:42 am

Bermuda_Newbie wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:21 am
I'm am getting ready to attempt to spray PGR. I used my red teejet 11004-VP turbo to spray sedgehammer (first time I used my sprayer). It works great in the flat wide backyard but my front yard has some narrow strips in it along the side of my house (20in in some places). The nozzle width is too big to walk this going width wise if that makes sense. I end up spraying the concrete or the flower beds which isn't a problem with the sedgehammer but I want to be more precise with the PGR. The grass is a wave pattern along my sidewalk and I'm not sure how to get it all covered without overlapping or spraying non-grass things. Most of what I've read people are looking for wider nozzles because of the size of their yard. Is there a narrower nozzle that would work better for me than what I have?
TeeJet makes an AIUB banding nozzle. I haven't used it but maybe other TLF'ers have.

koba56
Grass Type: NoMix
Lawn Size: 18.6k
Mower: JD x370

Post by koba56 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:35 pm

Awesome thread.
I have a question about application rate. Let's say I have a product that is to be applied at 1 oz. per gallon per 1k. Can I double the product to 2 ounces and apply at 0.5 gallons per 1k? Obviously, the carrier would be halved, but is that important?

Ware
Site Admin

Post by Ware » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:47 pm

koba56 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:35 pm
Awesome thread.
I have a question about application rate. Let's say I have a product that is to be applied at 1 oz. per gallon per 1k. Can I double the product to 2 ounces and apply at 0.5 gallons per 1k? Obviously, the carrier would be halved, but is that important?
Applying the correct product rate (ounces or grams of product per thousand square feet) is the most important part.

How reducing the carrier rate from what is recommended on the label affects efficacy probably depends on the product.

koba56
Grass Type: NoMix
Lawn Size: 18.6k
Mower: JD x370

Post by koba56 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:57 pm

Ware wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:47 pm
koba56 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:35 pm
Awesome thread.
Applying the correct product rate (ounces or grams of product per thousand square feet) is the most important part.

How reducing the carrier rate from what is recommended on the label affects efficacy probably depends on the product.
Thanks Ware.

Olkutty
Grass Type: mix, soon to be TTTF
Lawn Size: 3400 Square feet
Mower: http://bestrevie.ws/B06WVBZVCV

Post by Olkutty » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:22 am

Information over load..

I want a foliar nozzle for my Chapin 24v backpack sprayer. Something that blankets with a wide spray pattern. What exactly do I need? Just a tip? Anyone running this setup? Thank you so much in advance.

Ware
Site Admin

Post by Ware » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:26 am

Olkutty wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:22 am
Information over load..

I want a foliar nozzle for my Chapin 24v backpack sprayer. Something that blankets with a wide spray pattern. What exactly do I need? Just a tip? Anyone running this setup? Thank you so much in advance.
XR11004-VS or TT11004-VP

Olkutty
Grass Type: mix, soon to be TTTF
Lawn Size: 3400 Square feet
Mower: http://bestrevie.ws/B06WVBZVCV

Post by Olkutty » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:39 am

Ware wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:26 am
Olkutty wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:22 am
Information over load..

XR11004-VS or TT11004-VP
So I won’t need any adapter? I’m good to go with either of those tips? And thank you again! I truly appreciate it!

Ware
Site Admin

Post by Ware » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:57 am

Olkutty wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:39 am
So I won’t need any adapter? I’m good to go with either of those tips? And thank you again! I truly appreciate it!

No adapter needed - they will drop right into the Chapin cap. Either of those will be fine for foliar apps. The XR will spray smaller droplets (better for foliar), but the TT will be less prone to wind drift.