2019 | What did you do with your lawn today?

Warm season grasses like Bermuda, Zoysia, St. Augustine, Centipede & Paspalum
Ware
Site Admin
Grass Type: Bermuda - Tif 419
Lawn Size: 7,500 sq ft
Mower: Toro GM1600

2019 | What did you do with your lawn today?

Post by Ware » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:14 pm

Happy New Year TLF! :thumbup:

LakeMaryLawn
Grass Type: St Augustine
Lawn Size: 3000
Mower: Ryobi 40v

Re: 2019 | What did you do with your lawn today?

Post by LakeMaryLawn » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:54 pm

Mowed, edged, cleanup. Took down exterior Christmas lights. Now trying to figure out what product to buy for the coming season. Took over my lawn over a year ago. Only now starting to understand some of the fertilizers and herbicides I need to get down. I was attacked by crabgrass this fall.

Ware
Site Admin
Grass Type: Bermuda - Tif 419
Lawn Size: 7,500 sq ft
Mower: Toro GM1600

Post by Ware » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:57 pm

LakeMaryLawn wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:54 pm
Mowed, edged, cleanup. Took down exterior Christmas lights. Now trying to figure out what product to buy for the coming season. Took over my lawn over a year ago. Only now starting to understand some of the fertilizers and herbicides I need to get down. I was attacked by crabgrass this fall.
Welcome to TLF! Great first post - jump right into one of most popular topics each year! :thumbup:

Regarding the crabgrass, are you on a pre-emergent program?

LakeMaryLawn
Grass Type: St Augustine
Lawn Size: 3000
Mower: Ryobi 40v

Post by LakeMaryLawn » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:41 pm

I have been following LCN, but also trying to figure out how much of it to follow. I will start a pre-emergent. In Central Florida, I guess I am supposed to get down some prodiamine in February. But I don't think our soil temperature gets below 55. So I am wondering if I should get it down now. I sprayed some Sedge Ender a few days ago in the back yard that was seriously attacked (or has been that way for a long time). It appears to be going brown. I also spot sprayed Mansion in the small front yard spots. They are long gone. But bare, so I have to get some plugs or sod down.

Getting ready to start a new thread with my million questions.

Mainly: I only have 3000 square feet. I was liming along with a hand spreader. Before I invest in a better spreader, I am wondering if I am better off with a good battery powered sprayer and just put everything down in liquid form. Much easier to control and be precise with lines between neighbors and sidewalks and paver driveways and walkways.

CenlaLowell
Grass Type: St Augustine and Bermuda
Lawn Size: 20,630
Mower: Bradley Stander 48

Post by CenlaLowell » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:49 pm

LakeMaryLawn wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:41 pm
I have been following LCN, but also trying to figure out how much of it to follow. I will start a pre-emergent. In Central Florida, I guess I am supposed to get down some prodiamine in February. But I don't think our soil temperature gets below 55. So I am wondering if I should get it down now. I sprayed some Sedge Ender a few days ago in the back yard that was seriously attacked (or has been that way for a long time). It appears to be going brown. I also spot sprayed Mansion in the small front yard spots. They are long gone. But bare, so I have to get some plugs or sod down.

Getting ready to start a new thread with my million questions.

Mainly: I only have 3000 square feet. I was liming along with a hand spreader. Before I invest in a better spreader, I am wondering if I am better off with a good battery powered sprayer and just put everything down in liquid form. Much easier to control and be precise with lines between neighbors and sidewalks and paver driveways and walkways.
Start a new thread. The good people at TLF will answer your questions. Welcome to TLF :thumbup:
Killing two birds with one stone is the name of the game. :bandit:

Cenlalowell Lawn Journal

985arrowhead
Grass Type: TifF 419
Lawn Size: 4500
Mower: John Deere 180C

Post by 985arrowhead » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:16 pm

Lawn has stayed pretty green through the New Year so I broke out the roatary to clean up a few leaves and some other "trash" on the lawn being blown around from the neighbors.

Was still pretty wet from all the rain we had over the holidays and the 180C would have just made a mess. I got a nice clean look now comparatively.

Edged, trimmed a few hedges.

Took down all the Christmas lights and blew off the garage and driveway.

Biggest project was adding some drainage from my down spouts. Neither of my neighbors have gutters so even as I divert all my runoff to the street I am having some areas staying wet b/w our homes. French drains! Clay was a mess but got'er done. Fingers crossed will absorb enough of the runoff and dump into my system to keep the Celebtration b/w the house healthy.

Gearing up for a Pre-emerge app early Feb and then ready to scalp and throw'er down come Mar. 1.......

Cjames1603
Grass Type: 419
Lawn Size: 8000ft
Mower: Toro Flex 21

Re: 2019 - Warm Season - What did you do with your lawn today?

Post by Cjames1603 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:00 am

I got the garage ready for servicing mowers and spring. Including a tool box reorganize. I also have my greensmowers ready to go. I picked up a new 260c recently. So I might be more excited for spring than you are...:)
Grass is my addiction. Luckily it’s legal grass :bandit:

tomartom
Grass Type: Couch/Bermuda
Lawn Size: 200m2
Mower: Rotary and cylinder

Post by tomartom » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:17 pm

Watered, mow and PGR.

LowCountryCharleston
Grass Type: Palmetto St. Augustine
Lawn Size: 5500 sq
Mower: Honda

Post by LowCountryCharleston » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:10 am

Sprayed some weeds in the front that popped up and enjoyed the mow/mulch of backyard leaves.